New
Find
Notify
Tools

Aimpoint comp c3 on double
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Any thoughts. I can get this aimpoint c3 with this low mount for 300 bucks...

http://www.finn.no/finn/torget...539&kwUnica=Aimpoint

Posts: 446 | Location: Norway | Registered: 11 November 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of husky
posted Hide Post
Would rather spend the extra money and buy a Aimpoint Micro if you are going to mount it on a double rifle.

Posts: 1134 | Location: Sweden | Registered: 28 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I mean it looks about as ugly as a compact scope (ok, it looks a little uglier). It weighs 7 ounces (about half of a swarovski Z6) and has unlimited eye relief (no scope brow)...

It mounts as low (possibly lower) than the micro or docter sight... Also it clamps on to the existing rear scope mount base with no modification neccesary on the gun..

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Any of you guys scope .470 + by the way? An alternative would be a low power scope with red dot (like Swarovski). Would probably need to be the Extended Eye relief model then... The K-Gun has rear and front mounting brackets and I am not sure if i can regulate a scope to benefit from more eye relief etc?

one of us
posted Hide Post
I recomend you use the Doctor Optic on a double rifle. They are very small, light and rugged. They also self adjust for the light conditions.

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Tried the c3 on, looks ugly, too big... You are right, not suitable...

One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
On a double, about the only two aesthetically acceptable options are the Doctor Optic as Tony points out or the Trijicon RMR. I have a Doctor Optic on my Heym and a Trijicon RMR on my Krieghoff. Both look and work fine. If I was to buy another, it would be another Trijicon since I can get a unit without a battery. While you have a larger MOA dot (7 versus 3.5 MOA), it is perfectly fine for a double at typical distances and the lack of battery gives you one less thing to worry about.

Mike

Posts: 21719 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote