THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    Rare Purdey .600 Nitro (Warning: Large Photo)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Rare Purdey .600 Nitro (Warning: Large Photo)
 Login/Join

posted
Thought I would share this beautiful rifle with everyone. This is my DREAM GUN! Probably one of the prettiest doubles I have seen with a price tag to match. It was valued at $250,000 back in 1989 so I don't know what that equates to in today's dollars. It was commissioned in 1982 and delivered in 1987 (took 5 years to build). It came with ivory and gold plated accessories.

One of Us
Picture of Akshooter
posted Hide Post
Here, lets size this down a little.

DRSS
NRA life
AK Master Guide 124

Posts: 1562 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 05 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Nakihunter
posted Hide Post
I had the privilege of shooting a Jeffery 600NE last year. The recoil was a huge push back & I took a step back.

I am not at all experienced with big bores but this rifle looks strange without a recoil pad!

"When the wind stops....start rowing. When the wind starts, get the sail up quick."

Posts: 11245 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 02 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I think a rifle like that deserves the BIG picture....absolutely stunning.

Posts: 20165 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 577NitroExpress
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Biebs:
I think a rifle like that deserves the BIG picture....absolutely stunning.

+2...stunning.

577NitroExpress
Double Rifle Shooters Society
Francotte .470 Nitro Express

If stupidity hurt, a lot of people would be walking around screaming...

Posts: 2789 | Location: Bucks County, Pennsylvania | Registered: 08 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nothing strikes me quite as fitting as Robert Wilson's (Hemingway's mythical PH in The Short Happy Life of Francis Macomber) description, "I've this damned cannon."