THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    Which Reloader for 470 N.E.?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Which Reloader for 470 N.E.?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Need help in selecting reloader for 470 and 375 flanged. Wondering which one most of you use? Also are there any good reloading manuals
currently being published for the N.E. cartridges.
Thanks

Posts: 35 | Location: Southwest Kansas | Registered: 27 November 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Are you asking about a reloading "press" or a company to reload the rounds? If you are asking about a press, I use an RCBS Rockchucker Supreme to load both .470 NE and .500 NE with great satisfaction. I would also suggest reading Graham Wright's book SHOOTING the ENGLISH DOUBLE RIFLE before beginning any reloading for these rounds. There is load data contained therein also. You will also find data in the Barnes manual and the A-Square manual. There is load data on this site and many here who are more than willing to help with tips and suggestions.

Geronimo

Posts: 816 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 14 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 577NitroExpress
posted Hide Post
Or do you mean the Reloader line of powders - RL 15, RL 19, etc...?

577NitroExpress
Double Rifle Shooters Society
Francotte .470 Nitro Express

If stupidity hurt, a lot of people would be walking around screaming...

Posts: 2789 | Location: Bucks County, Pennsylvania | Registered: 08 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of zimbabwe
posted Hide Post
If you mean the POWDER I use Reloader15,For a press I use an RCBS Rockchucker, For a loading manual Hodgdon's No.27 has loads for Hodgden powder.

SCI Life Member
NRA Patron Life Member
DRSS

Posts: 2786 | Location: Green Valley,Az | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
To add; Swift (470)and Barnes (470 & 375 FL) manual has printed data. Speer bullet website has 470 NE data.

I use an RCBS Ammomaster, plenty of room and leverage.

Posts: 395 | Location: West Coast | Registered: 09 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Refering to which press most of you use

Posts: 35 | Location: Southwest Kansas | Registered: 27 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Geromomo, Thanks will try to track down Graham
Wrights book.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
ENGLISH DOUBLE RIFLE

Sorry, that should be SHOOTING the "BRITISH" DOUBLE RIFLE

Geronimo

Posts: 816 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 14 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Redding Ultra Max

SCI Life Member
DSC Life Member

Posts: 2018 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 20 May 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Another vote for RCBS RC Supreme.....excellent for the bigger calibers. They don't give those 470 dies away however. Graf and Sons or Midway have good selections (usually) of brass, bullets, powder, etc.
Shooting the British Double Rifle is an excellent pulication....but your rifle doesn't have to be British.

Good luck.

Gary
DRSS
NRA Lifer

Posts: 1970 | Location: NE Georgia, USA | Registered: 21 March 2002Reply With Quote