THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    Pedersoli Kodiak Safari Express
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pedersoli Kodiak Safari Express
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Just bought a 72 cal Kodiak Safari Express muzzle loader over on Gunbroker. Any experiences that can be shared would be appreciated.
I've never played with muzzle loaders before, but the chance to do so and feed my double rifle habit was just too tempting.

Posts: 1981 | Location: South Dakota | Registered: 22 August 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Pretty cool! Should be a lot of fun.

Posts: 20165 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hi Marty,
I had one of those a few years ago that regulated perfectly with 120 grains or goex ffg and round balls.

DRSS

Posts: 1168 | Location: Pamplico, SC USA | Registered: 24 August 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
This is the beast-

http://www.gunbroker.com/Aucti....aspx?Item=465154792

Looks like a few well thought out modifications. I'm not sure about that straight stock on a big boomer.

Posts: 1981 | Location: South Dakota | Registered: 22 August 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Marty, Cabelas has 72 caliber round balls (550gr) on sale at like 40% off.

http://www.cabelas.com/product...nd-Balls/1200488.uts

Posts: 20165 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks! 100 on the way. Should keep me going until my mould arrives!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hallo Marty

It is a beautiful rifle to shoot, we have one in our gun shop, it belongs to the owner, Johan Greyling, it is part of his collection of old double barrel rifle shotguns ...like I pointed out, this rifle is a dream to shoot with...you will notice when working out a load for your rifle it seems this black powder rifle can take a big variation of black powder loads without a noticeable difference at the shot placement/target ....this rifle tends to be very accurate, the recoil is moderate and it cleans easily... I will be using the .72 Kodiak Express to hunt in May 2105 warthog , impala and kudu...I will give you feedback...enjoy this rifle it really is one of the great black powder rifles , I am currently on the lookout for one to purchase myself...

Gert

Posts: 113 | Location: South Africa | Registered: 22 August 2012Reply With Quote