THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    New (used) Chapuis 9.3X74R...Happy days!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New (used) Chapuis 9.3X74R...Happy days!
 Login/Join

one of us
posted

After a bit of hunting around with various loads which are covered with black dots. I found a load that this rifle simply seems to love. The final load it settled in with was 62.5 grs of IMR34831 pushing a 289 gr Nosler Partition @ 2175 FPS.

I made a sight adjustment after R&L 1 and moved to a better supported shooting position for the final four shots L&R 2 and L&R 3. This was with iron sights at 50 yards. This little rifle is showing some serious accuracy potential!

BTW I bought this rifle from FLGrizzly several weeks ago, it is a Chapuis UGEX and is case colored. Thanks for the shooter Frank! At 100 yards the rifle is doing fabulous as well and seems to be crossing just slightly at that range.

one of us
posted Hide Post

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nice looking targets...and rifle!!

Posts: 210 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 16 September 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
yeah right

Posts: 11651 | Location: Montreal | Registered: 07 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Excellent group. It is satisfying to finally find a good load.

Dutch

one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by surestrike:

......................................................................GREAT! dancing

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Grenadier
posted Hide Post
It would have made a better picture if you leaned the rifle against a tree instead of laying it down in front of a log. Big Grin

Nice shooting!
quote:
Originally posted by surestrike:

Posts: 10900 | Location: North of the Columbia | Registered: 28 April 2008Reply With Quote