Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

450/400 3" brass
 Login/Join

posted
I'm in need of some .450/.400 3" brass....either new or once fired. Anyone got anything available or any suggestions other than Midway USA, which is out of stock....?
Thx, Will

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Jamison's.

Posts: 1572 | Location: Either far north Idaho or Hill Country Texas depending upon the weather | Registered: 26 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of CCMDoc
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I know the feeling. I've been waiting 3 months for the Hornady brass I ordered some of which is to replace that lent to me by a very generous AR member.

NRA Lifer; DSC Lifer; SCI member; DRSS; AR member since November 9 2003

Don't Save the best for last, the smile for later or the "Thanks" for tomorow

Posts: 3460 | Location: In the Shadow of Griffin&Howe | Registered: 24 November 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 470Evans
posted Hide Post
I have quite a bit of new BELL. If you are interested let me know.

Thanks

Posts: 1309 | Location: Texas | Registered: 29 August 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DoubleDon
posted Hide Post
I have some new Jamison brass that I can spare. $2.00 ea. plus $5.00 USPS flat rate box.

Deo Vindice,

Don

Sons of Confederate Veterans Black Horse Camp #780

Posts: 1696 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 01 February 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I was looking like you for some brass and also loaded ammo in 450-400. every body is out of them. Finally I did locate and bought some hornady loaded DGX, they were the cheapest around. $ 63.90 for a box of 20 also they did not over charge for shipping. at
bigsuupplyshop.com

good shooting, God's speed.

Malek dancing

Best regards

Malek
Good Hunting/Shooting and God's best.

Posts: 812 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: 25 December 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have some on back order at Cabelas since mid Nov. Yesterday they told me it was expected in Jan 15th.
But 3 weeks ago they told me it was expected to arrive 30 Dec.
I suspect it will be in stock by the first part of Feb. Hope I am not wrong.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6603 | Location: Moving back to Alaska | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hi:
I checked out their site few hours ago today. they Had 12 boxes left of the DGX and they were out of the DGS.

Good luck and God's speed

Malek

Best regards

Malek

Posts: 812 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: 25 December 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Went through the same thing a two months ago. Midway showed brass backordered, to be available 12/21. It now shows the middle of March. I finally went with Jamison for a few boxes to get started. I had never used their brass before, but I was really impressed. Hornady is a little cheaper, however.

I hope when they finally make a run, they make a bunch. I've gone down this road with Winchester before, and it can really be a long time with them. Hopefully, Hornady needs a bunch for their own ammo manufacture, given the state of ammo supply, and they will want to keep that business going.

Posts: 1233 | Location: Lexington, Kentucky, USA | Registered: 04 February 2003Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
What are your experiences regarding quality of the different brands of brass? Hornady vs Bertram vs Jamison vs BELL, are any of them better or worse than the others?

Ordered 20 Jamisons just to get my Jeffery going, should I switch to Hornady when they become available again?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
At the better end is is much of a muchness IMHO.

They key is to try and neck size the brass only
so it doesn't get over worked which can be hard in a DR.

You get what you pay for with Brass.
Bertram is not good IMHO
BELL was good, not sure if you'd find any left.

Jamison / Hornady - haven't used Hornady but the Jam I had was OK.

Posts: 3191 | Location: Victoria, Australia | Registered: 01 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Brad aka Pill Shooter
posted Hide Post
Hornady works great for me. Brad Smiler

Posts: 619 | Location: Sherwood, Oregon USA | Registered: 07 August 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of CCMDoc
posted Hide Post
My experience has been good with Jamison brass in 600 OK, 585AHR and 500NE. I can't see a difference between it and Hornady in terms of consistency of weight.

I would have no issue using the Jamison brass myself but I like to use a single manufacturer's stuff for consistencies sake and already have some Hornady brass.

Posts: 3460 | Location: In the Shadow of Griffin&Howe | Registered: 24 November 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bill73
posted Hide Post
malek,
thanks for the heads up,just picked up some ammo at a good price Wink
quote:
Originally posted by malek:
I was looking like you for some brass and also loaded ammo in 450-400. every body is out of them. Finally I did locate and bought some hornady loaded DGX, they were the cheapest around. $ 63.90 for a box of 20 also they did not over charge for shipping. at
bigsuupplyshop.com

Malek dancing

DRSS

Posts: 2277 | Location: MI | Registered: 20 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hello Bill73:
You are Quite wellcome, Glad to be of some help.

Wink

Good shooting/hunting and God's best.

Malek

Best regards

Malek

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Called Hornady today and they told me the 450/400 3 inch brass was not on schedule to be produced. Person on the other end said all their brass was going into producing ammo and they doubt if unprimed brass would be shipped untill at least mid summer. Every dang time I call them get a different answer.

Decided to just bite the bullet and ordered 10 boxes of Jaminson brass. I hate when Hornady plays these games. They did it with the second run of 450 NE brass as well.

PS: Heads up, after I placed the order Graf shows they only have 9 boxes remaining and Jaminson is out of stock.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6603 | Location: Moving back to Alaska | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I called them a week or two back and they said they had just made a run of 450/400 brass and it was waiting on packaging. Thinking I would stock up, I placed an order with Powder Valley....

I suppose they may have decided to divert it to loaded ammo like they did the last batch they made.

I think it is time for us all to email our complaints to Steve Hornady.

Cliff
NRA Life Member
CMP Distinguished Rifleman
NRA Master, Short and Long Range

Posts: 436 | Location: Fulshear, TX | Registered: 28 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of CCMDoc
posted Hide Post
Hmmm,
As much as I hate wasting money on factory loads I might just have to buy a couple of boxes just to have some more brass.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
If it helps, I've got 3-4 boxes of unformed BELL 450 basic cases taking up space in my garage anyone is welcome to for what I paid for it plus postage (I think it was $2/per). I believe it is thick rim (.065") but will confirm if anyone in interested.

Bob

DRSS

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, why are they made out of meat?"

Posts: 810 | Location: MT | Registered: 14 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Chris Lozano
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by malek:
bigsuupplyshop.com

Malek dancing

I have 7 boxes of DGS that i don't need. i will sell for the same price.

Posts: 753 | Location: Michigan USA | Registered: 27 September 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of peterdk
posted Hide Post
chris

no you dont Smiler, we will just do as before to get it over here, please dont send them away it is hard enough getting it over here as it is now.

cheers

peter

Posts: 1336 | Location: denmark | Registered: 01 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hi Bob:
If it is .065 thick, I will be interested, PM me, even though I am not sure how to send PMs yet.

Good shooting/hunting and God's best

Malek

Best regards

Malek

One of Us
Picture of Chris Lozano
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by peterdk:
chris

no you dont Smiler, we will just do as before to get it over here, please dont send them away it is hard enough getting it over here as it is now.

cheers

peter

Peter I will save them for you. See you in the spring.
Chris

Posts: 753 | Location: Michigan USA | Registered: 27 September 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Malek, PM sent. I verified they are .065" rim.

Bob

DRSS

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thank you Bob:
I answered your PM, I am not sure if I did right.
Please let me know

Malek

Best regards

Malek

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yep, I got it and replied.
Bob

DRSS