THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    New gun added to the arsenal
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New gun added to the arsenal
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of AK_Stick
posted
I picked up the new Chapuis UGEX in 9.3 from Ken.

Honestly, I was a little supprised even after the pictures he sent, opening the case she certainly is a beauty.

And a few comparison pictures with the Sabatti

Should be to the range sometime this coming week to see how she shoots. Even more torn over the Sabatti now, as there are things about it I prefer over the Chapuis, but overall, I am completely in love with it. Have a set of scope mounts, and am hoping to take it back up to the Denali for my second caribou and moose this fall.

Only Angels and Aviators have wings

Posts: 263 | Location: The frozen north, between deployments | Registered: 03 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good pick up. Well done.

Lilguy (I think) should have jumped on that or the other one.

Posts: 3191 | Location: Victoria, Australia | Registered: 01 March 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Will
posted Hide Post
So what are the rifles chambered for, the Chap in 9.3 it looks lie, and the Sabbati?

-------------------------------
Will Stewart / Once you've been amongst them, there is no such thing as too much gun.
---------------------------------------
and, God Bless John Wayne.

NRA Benefactor Member, GOA, N.A.G.R.

"Elephant and Elephant Guns" $99 shipped
“Hunting Africa's Dangerous Game" $20 shipped.

red.dirt.elephant@gmail.com

Hoping to wind up where elephant hunters go.

Posts: 19334 | Location: Ocala Flats | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DoubleDon
posted Hide Post
Very smart purchase. Great looking gun. Congrats!! beer

Deo Vindice,

Don

Sons of Confederate Veterans Black Horse Camp #780

Posts: 1698 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 01 February 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of touchdown88
posted Hide Post
I thought that I would throw another pic of a Sabatti 45-70 and a Chapuis 470 in the mix. I added a old Leupold Mountaineer to the Sabatti because I hated the sights.

For me the Sabatti fits a whole lot better than the Chapuis. I'm not a fan of how thin the top of the stock is on the 470. When I point the gun, the top of the stock comes up under my cheek bone and feels very uncomfortable. On the other hand, the Sabatti fits me a lot better.

Posts: 345 | Location: Ogden, Utah | Registered: 13 November 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of AK_Stick
posted Hide Post
Will, the Chap is a 9.3

and the Sabatti is a 45-70

Only Angels and Aviators have wings

Posts: 263 | Location: The frozen north, between deployments | Registered: 03 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ak Stick,
I think you just found the perfect moose rifleSmiler
Great choice.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6638 | Location: Moving back to Alaska | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of touchdown88
posted Hide Post
AK_Stick,

I just noticed that your Sabatti seems to be the upgraded model and the piece of wood on the 9.3 is awesome!

Either one of those rifles will be great for moose. I wish that I had my Sabatti for my Utah moose hunt last year. Good luck.

Posts: 345 | Location: Ogden, Utah | Registered: 13 November 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
AK, lucky guy. You pounced on that Chap before I stopped scratching my head about it. Nice pick up. I just purchased the last one from Ken yesterday. I think it's the last one, maybe not. I think yours is a bit better on the wood than mine but they are nice looking, eh?

TD88, nice rifles. There is something I can't exactly explain that appeals to me about doubles.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
opening the case she certainly is a beauty.

No if and or buts about it, definitely a beauty, congratulations. Wish you great time with it on the hunting trails. beer

Though I do understand when you write "Even more torn over the Sabatti now, as there are things about it I prefer over the Chapuis"

When I was in the market for a 9.3x74R I had a very good opportunity of picking up a very excellent deal on a very nice coin, EJ, engraved chapuis, I believe it was offered for around $4400.00 at the time. I chose the Sabatti, it proved out to be the right choice and was every bit what I expected and then some. I hate them fore arms on the Chapuis also their rifles don't fit me well.

Malek

Good hunting/shooting and God's best

Best regards

Malek
Good Hunting/Shooting and God's best.

Posts: 812 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: 25 December 2010Reply With Quote