Notify
Tools

Some nice Hollands
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of fla3006
posted
http://www.csmcspecials.com/category_s/166.htm

NRA Life Member, Band of Bubbas Charter Member, PGCA, DRSS.
Shoot & hunt with vintage classics.

Posts: 9487 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 11 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Nakihunter
posted Hide Post
Wow! I've never seen so many H&H guns in one site or shop! Probably an estate collection?

Also I've never seen so many 470+ calibers - a 600, 2 577s etc!!

"When the wind stops....start rowing. When the wind starts, get the sail up quick."

Posts: 11020 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 02 July 2008Reply With Quote
One Of Us
Picture of new_guy
posted Hide Post
Those are probably Bob Petersen's. I heard that Tony was consigning them.

www.heymusa.com

HSC Booth # 306
SCI Booth # 3947

One of Us
Picture of jorge
posted Hide Post
::SIGH:: I am SUCH a financial insect....

USN (ret)
DRSS Verney-Carron 450NE
Cogswell & Harrison 375 Fl NE
Sabatti Big Five 375 FL Magnum NE
DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

Posts: 7145 | Location: Orange Park, Florida. USA | Registered: 22 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DoubleDon
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by new_guy:
Those are probably Bob Petersen's. I heard that Tony was consigning them.

Correct.

Deo Vindice,

Don

Sons of Confederate Veterans Black Horse Camp #780

Posts: 1697 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 01 February 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of PD999
posted Hide Post
I'll take the Hartmann & Weiss; a bargain at $120K!
http://www.csmcspecials.com/product_p/22691.htm

There are also two H&H 577NEs' and a further two Purdey 577NEs'!

So that's a total of nearly $1M! Whistling

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition” ― Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 1231 | Location: London, UK | Registered: 02 April 2010Reply With Quote
One Of Us
Picture of new_guy
posted Hide Post
As a point of political interest, Pete offered the land and his cars to the city of LA to establish the Petersen Automotive Museum. They accepted.

Later, he offered to do the same with his firearms, and they declined.

My first job out of college was with Petersen's, and it was a great place. Full of legends in the outdoor world...Tom Siatos, Ken Elliott, Boddington, Coogan, hell, John Wooters was still there then.

I would also add tht the rifles Tony has here appear to be the tip of the iceberg. Take a look at Dallas' Holland book and note how many have Petersen collection credited.

And the Hoffers! Are they with the NRA museum? They should be.

Pete owned all 3 Parker Invincibles, etc... And the list went on.

God Bless Pete. He did a lot for our industry and way of life.

www.heymusa.com

HSC Booth # 306
SCI Booth # 3947

One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted Hide Post
I added a few to my cart, but it wouldn't let me check out. Any suggestions?

I meant to be DSC Member...bad typing skills.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

Posts: 3436 | Location: Dallas | Registered: 19 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of SkinAfrika Consulting
posted Hide Post
I suggest rather come to Kiev.

Theo Blignaut
Skype theo.blignaut1
Skype phone +27127435304
Nalie Smit
+27766183354
e mail:naliesmit@gmail.com
www.skinafrika.com
E mail theo@skinafrika.com
Hunts available in Berkino Faso, South Africa,Namibia,Mozambique,Zimbabwe,Tanzania,CAR,Cameroon,DRC,Kyrgystan,Kajikistan,New Zeeland

Posts: 198 | Location: Ukraine/South Africa | Registered: 22 January 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fla3006
posted Hide Post
quote:
new_guy: Pete owned all 3 Parker Invincibles, etc... And the list went on.
Now you're killing me!

From Wikipedia:

Robert Einar "Pete" Petersen (September 10, 1926 – March 23, 2007) was an American publisher and founder of the Petersen Automotive Museum in 1994.

Born in East Los Angeles, California, Petersen learned about cars from helping his father, a truck mechanic. After graduating from Barstow High School, he served in the Army Air Corps in World War II. After the war, Petersen left Barstow, California for Los Angeles and found work at Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer, becoming a publicist there within a year.

After being laid off during staff cuts, Peterson and other ex-MGM staff started Hollywood Publicity Associates, a consulting firm. In the summer of 1947 the company was commissioned to publicize an exhibition of hot rods held the following winter. While working to promote the exhibition, Petersen realized that there were no media specific to hot rods or hot-rodding. Seeing an opportunity, Petersen and Robert Lindsay, another member of the promotion team for the exhibition, left Hollywood Publicity Associates that autumn and began development of Hot Rod magazine. The first issue of the magazine, with a run of 5,000 copies, was released to coincide with the Los Angeles Hot Rod Exhibition, the show Petersen and Lindsay were initially contracted to publicize. The founders sold the copies of the magazine at the steps of the exhibition. After a successful debut, the magazine continued to sell out and grow in readership. By mid-1949, monthly sales exceeded 50,000 copies.

Starting from this, Petersen built his publishing empire on automotive-themed publications, including Car Craft, Rod & Custom, Sports Car Graphic, and Motor Trend. He also published CARtoons, Guns & Ammo, Sport, Motorcyclist, Motor Life, Hunting, Mountain Biker, Photographic, Teen, Tiger Beat, and Sassy Magazine.

He married Margie McNally in 1963 and had two sons who died in a 1975 plane crash.

In 1996 Petersen sold his company Petersen Publishing Company to a private equity fund for $450 million which in 1999 sold it for $2 billion to publisher EMAP. In 2001 it was sold to Primedia. In 2007 Primedia's enthusiast publications, including all the once-Petersen titles, were again sold to Source Interlink, controlled by Ron Burkle. In 1999 Petersen bought Sports Afield from Hearst Corporation and he sold it in 2002 to the owners of Safari Press.

Petersen died at St. John's Health Center in Santa Monica, California of complications from neuroendocrine cancer. Margie Petersen died on November 25, 2011.

An avid hunter and collector, Petersen had amassed a sizable collection featuring hundreds of unique and historically significant antique and modern firearms. Following Petersen's death, in following with his wishes, Bob's widow donated a 400-piece portion of his extensive collection to the National Rifle Association's National Firearms Museum in Fairfax, VA. Among his collection the work of firearm engraver Richard Roy of Connecticut Shotgun are displayed

Posts: 9487 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 11 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Yes, but very over priced in my view. I really liked the Hartman and Weiss but Tony wouldn't budge off the price even when I walked the H&W head gunsmith down to look at it and give me a quote to build another just like it for $65k and 18 months.

Posts: 569 | Location: Escaped to Montana  | Registered: 01 March 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of TwoZero
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bradhe:
Yes, but very over priced in my view. I really liked the Hartman and Weiss but Tony wouldn't budge off the price even when I walked the H&W head gunsmith down to look at it and give me a quote to build another just like it for $65k and 18 months.

I think that economic reality hasn't caught on yet in the super high end market - there are some guns on gunsinternational that have been posted for sale going on 5 years.

I'm not trying to say that these guns aren't worth a great deal of money, they are. They are just not worth what the owners think they are. Bradhe's example of the H&W is a textbook case.

The whole point of spending that kind of money is to have a gun made to fit you and built to your specifications. And when they're not; because they, however mint the condition, are second hand guns, then the price needs to come down a bit.

If the consignee was serious about selling at the current market price, then they would put all the guns up for auction with a reputable firm, with no reserve.

IMHO

"The envious are not satisfied with equality; they secretly yearn for superiority and revenge."

Posts: 270 | Location: Bay Area, CA | Registered: 19 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post

one of us
Picture of fla3006
posted Hide Post
Well, I'm gonna have to make a trip to Fairfax. I recently visited the Davis Gun Collection in Claremore, OK and the Sanders-Metzger Collection at the Texas A&M student center, both pretty nice, but neither even close to this.