THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    Now an offical member of the DRSS!!!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Now an offical member of the DRSS!!!
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I'm getting ready to leave for Kona, Hawaii in a few hours for my wife and I's anniversery , but as soon as I return back to AZ next next week, the check is being sent out to SGraves for his Chapuis 470NE!! I've always wanted a DR and now it looks like I got it! Gonna take it over to Zim next May and do another elephant hunt along with an attempt at a dry ground hippo bull added.. Cannot wait! Gonna be alot of shooting this fall and winter with it.

If you guys could, fill me in on what I need to know as far as the basic stuff. I've been trying to keep up with the topics on here and have learned a great deal, bu the whole DR is a new realm for me and I'm gonna lean on you guys a bit to try and soak in as much info as I can.. Thanks guys and I'll be checking in periodically while I'm in HI. Thanks guys and thank you Steve!

Posts: 2163 | Registered: 13 February 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of mouse93
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scottyboy:
I've been trying to keep up with the topics on here and have learned a great deal....

If you have seen THIS by NE450No2 - there is very little to add.

Congratulations - fill your heart and your head will follow thumb

Posts: 2031 | Location: Slovenia | Registered: 28 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Scotty:

The Chapuis was probably regulated with Kynoch ammo, and Steve probably has some favorite reloads that match, or regulate, well to the gun. PM me when you return....don't know if you're getting dies, brass, etc., but I have the lot and will make you a good deal as I have most everything BUT a 470 now.
Have fun in Hawaii and be sure to get lai'd. Big Grin

Gary
DRSS
NRA Lifer
SCI
DSC

Posts: 1970 | Location: NE Georgia, USA | Registered: 21 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the DRSS! I know you will have a great time on Kona. If you get a chance call Pat Fisher at Parker Ranch and see if there is anything in season to hunt. My wife and I hunted Pheasant on Kona several years ago with Pat. We rented a truck. And on an island, put 1400 mile on the truck in a week! We had a great time!
North end of the island looks like the Highlands of Scotland the South in like a tropical rain forest.
Enjoy!

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!
DRSS, NRA & SCI Life Member

"I am rejoiced at my fate. Do not be uneasy about me, for I am with my friends."
----- David Crockett in his last letter (to his children), January 9th, 1836
"I will never forsake Texas and her cause. I am her son." ----- Jose Antonio Navarro, from Mexican Prison in 1841
"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson
Declaration of Arbroath April 6, 1320-“. . .It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.”

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Brain1
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the DRSS. I'm sorry to hear that you have contracted our dreaded disease, with thwe only known cure being a copper plated enima. Anyway, I hope you enjoy your new rifle and many new hunts with it.

You can borrow money, but you can't borrow time. Don't wait, go now.
Savannah Safaris Namibia
Otjitambi Trails & Safaris
DRSS
NRA
SCI
DSC
TSRA
TMPA

Posts: 1265 | Location: Bridgeport, Tx | Registered: 20 May 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
All the 470 Chapuis I have seen were regulated with Federal ammo, but they may use something different if the gun is not being shipped to the USA.

I have heled 3 different peole develop loads for A Chapuis 470.

It was not much fun as it did not take but one or two range sessions. Big Grin

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sorry for the tardy reply guys.. It's been a hectic week since returning from Hawaii.. Thanks for the warm welcome into the club!

The 470 should be here within the next week or so!! I can't wait to get it here and put a few rounds downrange with it!!

I'll be sure and post a pic or 2 when she arrives..

Posts: 2163 | Registered: 13 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Scotty,
I hope you have a lot of that brass you use for your avatar. That the last run from MAST Technology of B.e.L.L. brass they ran for Kalifornia Rigby. Good stuff!

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!
DRSS, NRA & SCI Life Member

"I am rejoiced at my fate. Do not be uneasy about me, for I am with my friends."
----- David Crockett in his last letter (to his children), January 9th, 1836
"I will never forsake Texas and her cause. I am her son." ----- Jose Antonio Navarro, from Mexican Prison in 1841
"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson
Declaration of Arbroath April 6, 1320-“. . .It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.”

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote