THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    Question about A-Zoom snap caps in .470
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Question about A-Zoom snap caps in .470
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I have a set for my Searcy .470. I like to do a lot of dry fireing practise with them but have noticed they are permanently "dimpled" where the fireing pins hit and am now wondering if I'm doing more harm than good. Has anyone else noticed this problem with these snap caps?

Cheers.

GG

Posts: 500 | Location: Queensland, Australia | Registered: 07 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ROSCOE
posted Hide Post
Yes,
They do wear out.

R. Lee Ermey: "The deadliest weapon in the world is a Marine and his rifle."
We're going to be "gifted" with a health care plan we are forced to purchase and fined if we don't, Which purportedly covers at least ten million more people, without adding a single new doctor, but provides for 16,000 new IRS agents, written by a committee whose chairman says he doesn't understand it, passed by a Congress that didn't read it but exempted themselves from it, and signed by a President, with funding administered by a treasury chief who didn't pay his taxes, for which we'll be taxed for four years before any benefits take effect, by a government which has already bankrupted Social Security and Medicare, all to be overseen by a surgeon general who is obese, and financed by a country that's broke!!!!! 'What the hell could possibly go wrong?'

Posts: 2122 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Roscoe. Anyone else like to comment?

GG

Posts: 500 | Location: Queensland, Australia | Registered: 07 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I don't think it is a problem as long as your double has springs that force the firing pins back into the action. The problem concerns the pins staying out of the action and being broken or bent when the exposed pins hit the barrel edges on opening the action. The springs also cushion the pins so that they are not stressed on dry firing.

465H&H

Posts: 5686 | Location: Nampa, Idaho | Registered: 10 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am ordering a set of Kynock snap caps for my 470. They are priced higher than the A-zoom, but have springs under the "primers" to absorbe the hit from the pins. Come in nickel or gold plated and look real nice. We'll see if they work good? Found them on the K-gun website...these are the only nice looking ones I have found.
ND

Stephen Grant 500BPE
Joseph Harkom 450BPE

Posts: 625 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: 21 October 2008Reply With Quote