New
Find
Notify
Tools

double rifle repair
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I have a almost new HEYM 55B double rifle in 375H&H and I whould like to have it checked out before I start shooting it, any one have a good gunsmith in mind to handle it. When the scope mounts come in from Germany I will have new England gun install them. But here in Kansas there is no one that I trust to check the Gun.

Posts: 243 | Location: Kansas | Registered: 06 December 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 505ED
posted Hide Post
Dont know close to you,

Nick Tooth:
417-581-4570
http://elephantandcastle.biz/gunsmithing.php

Nick is very good and will treat you fair

David Yale:
970-562-4225
he moved to Delta or Grand Juction CO he does good work too.

Reto Buehler:
541-664-9109
http://www.customsportingarms.com/index.html

JJ can do the work at Champlin's
http://www.champlinarms.com/Default.aspx?tabid=29

Good luck with your new purchace,

Ed

DRSS Member

Posts: 2289 | Location: Texas | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rnb:
I have a almost new HEYM 55B double rifle in 375H&H and I whould like to have it checked out before I start shooting it, any one have a good gunsmith in mind to handle it. When the scope mounts come in from Germany I will have new England gun install them. But here in Kansas there is no one that I trust to check the Gun.

http://www.champlinarms.com/
JJ Peradeau at Champlin's Down at Enid, OK! He will not only sheck out your rifle but will install your scope bases as well. His work is beyond perfect on double rifles. click on "OUR TEAM"

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I would recommend JJ Perodeau as well.

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
For check the condition of your Heym and any work needed to be done, JJ is the man!

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!
DRSS, NRA & SCI Life Member

"I am rejoiced at my fate. Do not be uneasy about me, for I am with my friends."
----- David Crockett in his last letter (to his children), January 9th, 1836
"I will never forsake Texas and her cause. I am her son." ----- Jose Antonio Navarro, from Mexican Prison in 1841
"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson
Declaration of Arbroath April 6, 1320-“. . .It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.”

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
THANKS for the help I did make a mistake this gun already has scope mount and just need to be checked, I noticed a slight slight burring in the wood on the upper tang and I have had a gun split because of this and I wanted that and the ejectors checked to make sure the springs in them are alright, When I called Heym they stated they thought the gun was made before 1965 because it has no inporter listed anywhere on the gun and that makes the gun at lest 40 plus years old and it looks like it has never been shot but spring do get weak, and I plan to go hunting with in 2012 when I retire again.

Posts: 243 | Location: Kansas | Registered: 06 December 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Why not send it to the Heym gunsmith in Trussville, Al.?

"This ain't Dodge City and you ain't Bill Hickok. "

Posts: 54 | Location: Brandon, Ms. | Registered: 20 June 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Another vote for JJ....3 doubles sent with various requests....3 doubles returned perfectly completed...not to mention some bolt trash too.

Gary
DRSS
NRA Lifer
SCI
DSC

Posts: 1970 | Location: NE Georgia, USA | Registered: 21 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Antlers
posted Hide Post
easy one...JJ.

Antlers
Double Rifle Shooters Society
Heym 450/400 3"

Posts: 1990 | Location: AL | Registered: 13 February 2002Reply With Quote