Find
Notify
Tools

Left handed Searcy on Holts
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of CBNHNTR
posted
This may be a deal if someone is looking for a left handed double.Ran across this while looking at their upcoming auction.

http://auctions.holtsauctionee...o=+++34035&saletype=

Posts: 162 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 27 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Did you see their estimate?! 1000-1500 pounds Eeker I wonder what they're basing that on?

I'll be curious to see what it goes for. Being left handed will of course reduce the market, or perhaps be slightly discounted if a righty takes into account restocking costs. It looks like a proper/solid rifle.

DRSS

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, why are they made out of meat?"

"PS. To add a bit of Pappasonian philosophy: this single barrel stuff is just a passing fad. Bolt actions and single shots will fade away as did disco, the hula hoop, and bell-bottomed pants. Doubles will rule the world!"

Posts: 815 | Location: MT | Registered: 14 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If its going for that, I'll buy it sight unseen.

Posts: 2163 | Registered: 13 February 2006Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I wager they dropped a zero on those estimates.

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of peterdk
posted Hide Post
it will proberly go for around 3-5 K £, it looks like the price is put there as a sleeper to bring people in, but please remember that we dont pay the same prices at the auctions in london as you guy's do over there, good boxlocks from english makers usually run about 4-6 K £ depending on the condition.

just remember, at auctions it is buyer beware. i have done some great deals there, but also have some overpriced dogs in the safe because of this. Frowner

best

peter

Posts: 1336 | Location: denmark | Registered: 01 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of peterdk
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GeorgeS:
I wager they dropped a zero on those estimates.

George

i will take that wager at once Smiler , 10-15 K £ would be brithis sidelock prices, and that would be in good condition as well

best

peter

Posts: 1336 | Location: denmark | Registered: 01 September 2007Reply With Quote