Notify
Tools

Pressure in doubles
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Can anybody tell me what is max loads pressure in DR

Thank you

Posts: 66 | Location: Montevideo,URUGUAY | Registered: 14 November 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
Raul, if you are asking about newly made double rifles, than I would simply answer your question in this way. Any new double rifle that is factory chambered for a high pressure cartridge, is,in a word, safe with factory ammo in that chambering!

The problem with most of those is they are usually rimless, or belted/rimless cartridges which are somtimes problematic with loading, and extracting/ejecting of these cartridges.

IMO, no double rifle that is to be used primarily for dangerous game should be chambered for a rimless/belted rimless cartridge. However many do use them for that purpose, seemingly without problem "SO FAR", but I will not!

As I said if the rifle is factory chambered for a particular cartridge, then it is safe with factory ammo in that rifle! When HANDLOADING do not push the envelope, and stay with factory ammo equivelant loads!

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
'Any Shot you want' lists the US (SAAMI) pressures. european pressure limmits under CIP for most of the double rifle cartridges are considerably lower.

Posts: 3026 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote