THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    First glimpse of the new VC 500NE
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

First glimpse of the new VC 500NE
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Todd
Jerome tells me 9-12 months, but also explained that the big bores ie 577 and 600 are more work so I would expect early/ mid 2014. Now all I need to do is book the ele hunt for the christening of the beast!
As I said to you in Reno, I still believe the 500ne is the best big bore double calibre,
even good on duiker!
Cheers

Nick

Posts: 665 | Location: EU | Registered: 05 September 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nickh:
Todd
Jerome tells me 9-12 months, but also explained that the big bores ie 577 and 600 are more work so I would expect early/ mid 2014. Now all I need to do is book the ele hunt for the christening of the beast!
As I said to you in Reno, I still believe the 500ne is the best big bore double calibre,
even good on duiker!
Cheers

Nick

Agreed about the 500NE. But those ultra bores sure are a lot of fun!

One of Us
Picture of tendrams
posted Hide Post
Any images of the full length weapon?

one of us
posted Hide Post
Any reason why you choose VC over the competitors?

Posts: 11651 | Location: Montreal | Registered: 07 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Todd is married to the bosses daughter and gets his V/C rifles free.

One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tendrams:
Any images of the full length weapon?

I do have a couple that Ken sent but they are a little out of focus. Once I receive the rifle, I'll take a few more and post them.

One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by surestrike:
Todd is married to the bosses daughter and gets his V/C rifles free.

jumping IF ONLY!!

one of us
posted Hide Post
Sorry Todd,

But there ain't no way an ex Navy F-18/airline pilot would shell out his own green American money for something that fine. There has to be catch. The only thing cheaper than an airline pilot, is a Navy fighter pilot and then they only ever "invest" their money on cheap booze, fast cars and loose women Wink

One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
quote:
Sorry Todd,

But there ain't no way an ex Navy F-18/airline pilot would shell out his own green American money for something that fine. There has to be catch. The only thing cheaper than an airline pilot, is a Navy fighter pilot and then they only ever "invest" their money on cheap booze, fast cars and loose women Wink

And the rest of the money they just wasted! jumping beer

One of Us
posted Hide Post
For some reason the barrels seems a bit short, is it the way the pix have been shot! How long are they?

Best regards

Malek
Good shooting/hunting and God's best

Best regards

Malek
Good Hunting/Shooting and God's best.

Posts: 812 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: 25 December 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by malek:
For some reason the barrels seems a bit short, is it the way the pix have been shot! How long are they?

Best regards

Malek
Good shooting/hunting and God's best

They are 24". I think the angle being taken a bit from the back angling forward skews the appearance somewhat. For example, the butt stock appears closer to the camera than do the muzzles. I'll post some additional pics once I take delivery.

One of Us
Picture of DoubleDon
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Todd Williams:
quote:
Sorry Todd,

And the rest of the money they just wasted! jumping beer

Yes Todd. Always said that I spent all my money on whiskey and p***y....the rest I just pissed away. Big Grin

Deo Vindice,

Don

Sons of Confederate Veterans Black Horse Camp #780

Posts: 1706 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 01 February 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jorge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Sorry Todd,

And big watches! Smiler

USN (ret)
DRSS Verney-Carron 450NE
Cogswell & Harrison 375 Fl NE
Sabatti Big Five 375 FL Magnum NE
DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

Posts: 7149 | Location: Orange Park, Florida. USA | Registered: 22 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of D R Hunter
posted Hide Post
I prize for life!!!!! clap

D/R Hunter

Correct bullet placement, combined with the required depth of bullet penetration, results in an anchored animal...

Posts: 997 | Location: Florida - A Little North of Tampa  | Registered: 07 August 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bwanna
posted Hide Post
Nice gun Todd, no wonder the 577 is on the market. Gotta tell you though, that one's nice too.

Posts: 1667 | Location: Las Vegas, Nevada | Registered: 12 May 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Bwanna:
Nice gun Todd, no wonder the 577 is on the market. Gotta tell you though, that one's nice too.[/QUOTE

Thanks. Yea, Verney Carron did a nice job on that 577 as well and I have mixed emotions about selling it. My original plan was to buy it, take it on safari last October, then sell it in preference to this new bespoke rifle. You know, just to play with the ultra bore at least once. Of course, I have a problem with getting attached to my guns and always hate to see them leave the stable, regardless of use. However, being a staunch fan of the 500NE, and having this new gun, I don't see myself taking the 577 back across the pond to hunt with. Ultimately, it's a lot of capital tied up in a toy I'm not likely to use again so with regrets, it's up for sale. Ken Buch at Kebco will be receiving the 577 shortly so if anyone was interested in that rifle, please contact Ken. I'm sure he'll make you a good deal on it. He always has for me!