New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sabatti 45-70
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Picked it up yesterday. With the exception of the sights, its a much nicer piece than I had expected. Good wood, trim, solid attachment. Good balance. Will shoot it this weekend. Just joined a new hunting club that has a bunch of hogs on it, so I look forward to a bunch of use out of it. After come back, will take to smith to have good sights put on it, but really, thats the only flaw that I see

Posts: 53 | Location: Virginia and Georgia | Registered: 26 November 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
As to the size, its almost exactly the same dimensions as my little Reminton SBS 28g, but lighter by a pound

Posts: 53 | Location: Virginia and Georgia | Registered: 26 November 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Will
posted Hide Post
Slim and trim, and light weight.

Let me know what new sights get installed. The factory ones, as you imply, suck.

-------------------------------
Will Stewart / Once you've been amongst them, there is no such thing as too much gun.
---------------------------------------
and, God Bless John Wayne.

NRA Benefactor Member, GOA, N.A.G.R.

"Elephant and Elephant Guns" $99 shipped
“Hunting Africa's Dangerous Game" $20 shipped.

red.dirt.elephant@gmail.com

Hoping to wind up where elephant hunters go.

Posts: 19333 | Location: Ocala Flats | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Have to talk to the GunSmith about whats possible. Easy to replace the rear sight, as its a slide-in, but the forward sight is a permanent part of the rib... Will have to wait and see what he tells me is possilbe. Also going to see about having a rail put on so I can attach a reflex sight

One of Us
posted Hide Post
It appears from the pictures I've seen, that the sight bases are integral with the barrel rib and not soldered on. Is that the case?

DRSS

Posts: 1155 | Location: Pamplico, SC USA | Registered: 24 August 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of peterdk
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by degoins:
It appears from the pictures I've seen, that the sight bases are integral with the barrel rib and not soldered on. Is that the case?

yes

Posts: 1336 | Location: denmark | Registered: 01 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks

DRSS

Posts: 1155 | Location: Pamplico, SC USA | Registered: 24 August 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
Boy did I have a serious brain fart today. Was killing time in the Bass Pro here in Denver. Saw their fine firearms room. Figured it would give me a chance to see the Sabatti double rifles. Well looked everywhere then asked. He walked over and showed me a sxs 12ga. Then it hit me I was in Bass Pro not Cabella's. Least I got out without major egg on my face. I looked at the 12ga and thanked him for his time. Roll Eyes

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

Posts: 12881 | Location: Mexico, MO | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With Quote