THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    Double Rifle manufactured by F.A.I.R.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Double Rifle manufactured by F.A.I.R.
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of carpediem4570
posted
Good Day Ladies and Gentlemen:

In December, attended a gun show here in Edmonton . One of the tables had on display, a number of shotguns and double rifles manufactured by F.A.I.R. (Fabbrica Armi Isidoro Rizzini), out of Italy.

The double rifles were all over/unders and the engraving said something to the effect of the gun and all its parts are manufactured in Italy.

Having never handled an O/U D.R., I must say it balanced and swung delightfully well.

Does anyone have one of these guns or have any information on this manufacturer?

The catalogue I picked up says these guns are regulated at 50 metres with two shots being fired from each barrel and must place their shots within 50 millimetres of one-another.

I have to say I was quite intrigued by these little beauties and am interested in buying one however, I want to do my research before I jump in and buy another D.R.

And, the guns are built on a 20-gauge size action and you can have a set of 20 gauge barrels fitted to the action. A two-barrel set would cost you $5000.00 Canadian. This is their premium model, Safari Prestige.

Calibers: 9.3x74R, 8x57Jrs, 30-06, 308W, 30R Blazer, 7x57R, 270W, 6.5x57R, 6.5x55, 243W.

They also make this gun in a rifle/shotgun combination.

The guns in the catalogue show only single trigger systems. The fellow at the gun show assured me he could get the guns in a double trigger configuration.

Ejectors and extractors.

The web site is www.fair.it

Ok folks, time to pipe-up with comments, questions and concerns.

Regards,

Carpediem

No politician who supports gun control should recieve armed protection paid for by those he is trying to disarm.

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways-scotch in one hand-Chocolate in the other-body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WHOO-HOO, WHAT A RIDE!!"

Madly Off In All Directions

One of Us
Picture of Akshooter
posted Hide Post
If the Rizzini meets your own perameters then go for it.

I shot one in 9.3x74 while on a driven boar hunt in Normandy, At the time I was surrounded by a bunch of British and Austrian double rifles so the Rizzini seemed a little lack luster but the other hunters ( the ones who owned all those high end doubles) all spoke highly of the Rizzini.

The Rizzini seemed fairly nice but I only had it in my hands long enough to take a couple of shots then pass it back.

DRSS
NRA life
AK Master Guide 124

Posts: 1562 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 05 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have an I. Rizzini 28 gauge shotgun that I got in trade several years ago. FAIR is NOT the same gun as the more common B. Rizzini, altho there must be some connection as they are very similar and many of the parts look as if they would interchange.

My gun is a straight grip, double trigger model that I did not see on their web site. It is mostly machine made as most of the lower priced Italian guns are, but everything is pretty well fit and functions well. I've used it quite a bit as a dove gun and have never had any problems. (Except for the intermittent hole in the shot patterns that causes me to miss doves!)

I was not aware they made rifles. It's interesting that they state that the barrels are aligned by hand and are specific about the acceptable accuracy limits. I think that I would e-mail them and ask if the barrels are silver soldered and also if the guarantee their advertised accuracy. It's more difficult (read expensive) to re-regulate hard soldered barrels.

Not much info but it's all I have.

One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
I am sure they are fine, but an over and under DR is just not right. Maybe it's just me....

Posts: 17122 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote