THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    Pics added finally Cogswell & Harrison 475 Nitro Express
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pics added finally Cogswell & Harrison 475 Nitro Express
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of 470CapstickA2
posted
Ok.. I have some serious interest and decided I'd delete my old web space, and start a new one so I could put up pics of the gun...enjoy

Specs..
cogswell & harrison 475 nitro express
168 Picadilly built gun so circa 1916-1917 I believe
gun has been handled and shot by several members on this forum and in the DRSS
gun has two issues... small scratches on the receiver from the release lever, and small piece of solder that rattles around between the ribs on the barrels.. no damage to ribs or barrels
right bore is good, left bore very good..

THIS GUN SHOOTS GREAT... just read some of the posts that will follow from guys who have handled and shot this gun..

You get the gun shipped in a hard case
approximately 60 rounds of brass
approximately 40 loaded rounds (some solid and some softs)
about 70 woodleigh softs
Set of C&H dies that make perfect rounds to fit these chambers..
and a set of Forster shell holder and pilot for a classic 50 trimmer, so you can reload

this gun was bought from Champlin's and carries all of their guarantee's and the load data they tested for the gun..

asking $10,500
pics coming.. email any questions..

NRA Life Memeber
SCI Life Member
Dallas Safari Life Member
DRSS
We Band of Bubbas

Posts: 404 | Location: Washington, DC/Arlington | Registered: 25 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 577NitroExpress
posted Hide Post
Having seen, held and shot this gun, all I can say is that it is a NICE gun.

And Al is one stand-up guy to deal with. Not as cool as me, of course, but a good guy Wink

Al, PM me with some info on the new lady you are after, if you don't mind! thumb

577NitroExpress
Double Rifle Shooters Society
Francotte .470 Nitro Express

If stupidity hurt, a lot of people would be walking around screaming...

Posts: 2789 | Location: Bucks County, Pennsylvania | Registered: 08 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bill74
posted Hide Post
I also had the pleasure of handling & shooting this gun at the last DRSS shoot,if I had not just bought a Merkel a couple of weeks ago,I would have seriously considered buying this one,I remember the rifle having a good set of sights,nice case colors & the recoil being very mild even with the full house loads we were shooting!

Posts: 115 | Location: MICHIGAN | Registered: 13 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
470CA2,

I'VE SENT A P.M.
wave

Jack

OH GOD! {Seriously, we need the help.}

Posts: 2791 | Location: USA - East Coast | Registered: 10 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 470CapstickA2
posted Hide Post
AfricanHunter pm'd me and stated he previously owned this gun, and may have some more history on it... he said he had a copy of the factory letter on the gun, I didn't get it from George, but maybe it's laying around at Champlins..

Thanks for all of the interest....

NRA Life Memeber
SCI Life Member
DRSS
We Band of Bubbas

Posts: 404 | Location: Washington, DC/Arlington | Registered: 25 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
470CA2,

Did you get my PM & e-mail?

Please get back to me!

Jack

Posts: 2791 | Location: USA - East Coast | Registered: 10 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hey Al,

What's the new rifle?

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." Terry Pratchett.

Posts: 3517 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 25 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 470CapstickA2
posted Hide Post
Big 5 got most of your ?'s answered in PM, will get pics to you when I get home... send me a good email address...

Lhook, nice to see you back around.. the new rifle is still a suprise, I'm working the deal, but can't do anything without the cash in hand..

Al

NRA Life Memeber
SCI Life Member
DRSS
We Band of Bubbas

One of Us
Picture of Steve
posted Hide Post
Al,

Did you get my follow-up e-mail? If you'd like I can PM you my phone number.

Thanks!!

-Steve

--------

www.zonedar.com

If you can't be a good example, be a horrible warning
DRSS C&H 475 NE
--------

Posts: 2781 | Location: Hillsboro, Or-Y-Gun (Oregon), U.S.A. | Registered: 22 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 470CapstickA2
posted Hide Post
Still have the gun for sale.... if you're interested, send me your email and I'll get you some pics... or I'll have it at the DRSS shoot, and DSC in January for inspection and shooting..

NRA Life Memeber
SCI Life Member
DRSS
We Band of Bubbas

One of Us
Picture of 470CapstickA2
posted Hide Post
pics posted now

NRA Life Memeber
SCI Life Member
DRSS
We Band of Bubbas

one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
470CapstickA2

PM sent!

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Kayaker,

This is the rifle I referred to in your thread asking

about the bullet diameter of 475 NE 3 1/4" cartridges. thumb

Jack