Find
Notify
Tools

Houston area .500 NE owners
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Eland Slayer
posted
Are there any of you in the Houston, TX area who own a .500 NE double that would be willing to let a fellow Texan and AR member shoot your rifle? I'm more than happy to pay for any ammo used.

I am considering purchasing a double soon....and am really leaning toward a .500 NE. I currently own a Ruger No. 1 in .458 Lott and am not bothered by the recoil....but I would still prefer to actually fire a .500 prior to buying one.

Feel free to PM me.

Many Thanks,

Hunt Report - South Africa 2022

Wade Abadie - Wild Shot Photography
Website | Facebook | Instagram

Posts: 3107 | Location: Hockley, TX | Registered: 01 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
You must be calling my name. I have a Krieghoff, a Heym and a Boswell in .500 NE. I would be happy to arrange a time to get together and let you shoot them. Drop me a note.

Mike

Posts: 21373 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If you can shoot a #1 in .458 Lott, you won't have any problem with the .500 NE. Recoil is very similar between the Lott and a .500. The Lott being a Ruger RSM which has to weigh more than the #1

Posts: 4214 | Location: Southern Colorado | Registered: 09 October 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MJines:
You must be calling my name. I have a Krieghoff, a Heym and a Boswell in .500 NE. I would be happy to arrange a time to get together and let you shoot them. Drop me a note.

Just be careful he doesn't photoshop a photo of you shooting a Blaser and attempt to pass it off as an actual event! Accusations of mopeds and fat chicks are fair game as well!!

Whistling

One of Us
posted Hide Post
donttroll hilbily
Always making stuff up. Dang WTW. I wasn't there and I believe that you even admitted shooting (and secretly enjoying) the Blaser.
We'll get some class in you yet.

Posts: 4214 | Location: Southern Colorado | Registered: 09 October 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Rick, he saw one ragged hole in the target after shooting the Blaser, and thought he missed the target with his other shots. He's gotten too used to his normal "minute of pie plate" double rifles :-)

Posts: 20138 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have 500 NE ammo if you need some. $40.00 a box of five, hard or soft Knoch.

Regards Jim P.

The Hunters Hut
Firearms Sales & Service PAHunter/ The Head Hunter
DRSS,NRA,SCI,NAHC
www.huntershut1.com

Posts: 1015 | Location: PA | Registered: 08 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PAHunter:
I have 500 NE ammo if you need some. $40.00 a box of five, hard or soft Knoch.

Regards Jim P.

Yikes. I am happy to furnish some ammo. At some point you would think Kynoch would start to compete -- pricewise -- with Hornady and others on some of the more common chamberings.

Mike

One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pagosawingnut:
donttroll hilbily
Always making stuff up. Dang WTW. I wasn't there and I believe that you even admitted shooting (and secretly enjoying) the Blaser.

Ha! Class? No way man. I'll always drink beer from the can and whiskey from the bottle! Cool

And any false admission of actually shooting that "thingy" was a result of my account being hacked! barf

quote:
Originally posted by Biebs:
Rick, he saw one ragged hole in the target after shooting the Blaser, and thought he missed the target with his other shots. He's gotten too used to his normal "minute of pie plate" double rifles

Damn Biebs, you're starting to sound dangerously like shoot-a-cow from the Great White North with his claims of false targets! Maybe time to start your own "jealously thread"? 2020

jumping

One of Us
posted Hide Post
dancing

Biebs should start a thread inviting all Blaser owners to tell about the superb accuracy, all the species that have been killed by a Blaser and all the awesome hunting trips the Blasers have attended...

Does this Mr Biebs own a VC too ?

The more I know, the less I wonder !

Posts: 1138 | Location: Oslo area, Norway | Registered: 26 June 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Todd Williams:
quote:
Originally posted by pagosawingnut:
donttroll hilbily

Ha! Class? No way man. I'll always drink beer from the can and whiskey from the bottle! Cool

And any false admission of actually shooting that "thingy" was a result of my account being hacked! barf

quote:
Originally posted by Biebs:
Rick, he saw one ragged hole in the target after shooting the Blaser, and thought he missed the target with his other shots. He's gotten too used to his normal "minute of pie plate" double rifles

Damn Biebs, you're starting to sound dangerously like shoot-a-cow from the Great White North with his claims of false targets! Maybe time to start your own "jealously thread"? 2020

jumping
donttroll hilbily

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
Wade,
If you come to DSC...you can run up I-35 to my house and shoot mine anytime.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36839 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
But Lane . . . it's a Merkel . . . sofa

Mike

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:

faint I'm hurt!

Even my lowly German engineered hand-crafted double on the lowly but age old Anson & Dealy action with Greener cross-bolt will give him the .500 NE experience!!! Although...he will have to wash his hands after touching it though.

And mine has a proper Bailey Bradshaw peep-sight vs. one of those battery-operated contraptions on it!

J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36839 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ledvm:
quote:

. . . one of those battery-operated contraptions on it!

Touche.

Mike

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
Besides...since I live North of the 610 loop...it is a Yankee double!

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
Picture of 505ED
posted Hide Post
If your ever is San Antonio, drop me a line, will let you shoot both a 500 and a 577.

Ed

DRSS Member

Posts: 2289 | Location: Texas | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of D R Hunter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 505ED:
If your ever is San Antonio, drop me a line, will let you shoot both a 500 and a 577.

Ed

Now there's an offer!

D/R Hunter

Correct bullet placement, combined with the required depth of bullet penetration, results in an anchored animal...

Posts: 997 | Location: Florida - A Little North of Tampa  | Registered: 07 August 2012Reply With Quote