New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sabatti DB rifle?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Anyone who has handled a Sabatti DB-rifle? Good (for the price) or forget it?

Posts: 118 | Location: Norway | Registered: 09 August 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
We had one come in a shop that I worked in a few years back. It handled nicely and looked well finished. At that point, I had handled very few double riles,so had nothing to compare to. I never fired it, and did not take it apart to look at how well it was put together. I don't even know whether it was original, or heavily reworked.
Now that I read my comments, they sure don't look they will help much. But here they are.
Bfly

Work hard and be nice, you never have enough time or friends.

Posts: 1195 | Location: Lake Nice, VA | Registered: 15 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Is there really only one guy who have tried the Sabatti?
Price starts (here in Norway) at approx 3700US$ (The Baikal/Spartan is around 1500)

Posts: 118 | Location: Norway | Registered: 09 August 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Chiefen,

They are not yet available here in the US. The importer is waiting on their first shipment.

BUTCH

C'est Tout Bon
(It is all good)

Posts: 1928 | Location: Lafayette, LA | Registered: 05 October 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Mike Brooks
posted Hide Post
There is one being discussed now at NE. It's a Canadian owned one.

NRA Life
ASSRA Life
DRSS

Today's Quote:
Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a free cell phone with free monthly minutes, food stamps, section 8 housing, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.

Posts: 4096 | Location: Cherkasy Ukraine  | Registered: 19 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I just checked gunbroker. The first one I've seen offered for sale is listed there in 45-70.
See item no. 138513874.

BUTCH

C'est Tout Bon
(It is all good)

Posts: 1928 | Location: Lafayette, LA | Registered: 05 October 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of HerrBerg
posted Hide Post
From a european hunter with some experience of Sabatti:

Never. Ever. Buy. A. Sabatti.

horse

Write hard and clear about what hurts
-E. Hemingway

Posts: 1723 | Location: Stockholm, Sweden | Registered: 18 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
HerrBerg, do you have any specifics?

Matthew

Posts: 383 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 29 May 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of HerrBerg
posted Hide Post
Only on shotguns.

However, here are some first hand specifics on a Sabatti that I once owned: firing pins that strike through the primer, shotgun fires both barrels at once, shotgun refuses to fire at all, shotgun refuses to fire after factory repair, springs and mechanics are awful on the inside even though somewhat decent where they can be easily inspected in the gunshop,...

I know other people who once had Sabattis and they have similar stories to tell. Sabatti sells under different brands here, they switch brand every year to get away from last year's soiled reputation.

Sabatti has a reputation that is on the absolute zero. If Sabatti was a baby, I would drown it. Eeker

Write hard and clear about what hurts
-E. Hemingway

Posts: 1723 | Location: Stockholm, Sweden | Registered: 18 March 2002Reply With Quote