THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    Still trying to finance Elephant Safari ...
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Still trying to finance Elephant Safari ...
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of CCMDoc
posted
In Classifieds:

Chapuis 9.3x74Rw 2-7xLeup on Recknagel QR

NRA Lifer; DSC Lifer; SCI member; DRSS; AR member since November 9 2003

Don't Save the best for last, the smile for later or the "Thanks" for tomorow

Posts: 3460 | Location: In the Shadow of Griffin&Howe | Registered: 24 November 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That's about the nicest Chapuis I've seen...very classic and elegant.

Posts: 20085 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of michael458
posted Hide Post
Sure is pretty, but I can't see the "bolt" anywhere on that thing?

bewildered

I think it's broke?

M

http://www.b-mriflesandcartridges.com/default.html

The New Word is "Non-Conventional", add "Conventional" to the Endangered Species List!
Live Outside The Box of "Conventional Wisdom"

I do Not Own Any Part of Any Bullet Company, I am not in the Employ Of Any Bullet Company. I do not represent, own stock, nor do I receive any proceeds, or monies from ANY BULLET COMPANY. I am not in the bullet business, and have no Bullets to sell to you, nor anyone else.

Posts: 8426 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: 23 June 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Nemo .450
posted Hide Post
yuck

No Mr. Michael, it's made that way... Big Grin

Yes it's very pretty, and it needs a good home... think about your first double, you could be one of us! hilbily beer

------------------------------------------------------------------------

He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him. -- John 3:36

http://www.accurateinnovations.com - http://aigunstocks.com/home-2/

NRA Life Member
DSC
SCI
DRSS - STILL waiting on MY "Taksdale" .450NE or a refund... coffee

"Young knight, learn to love God and revere women, so that your honour grows. Practice knighthood and learn the Art that dignifies you, and brings you honour in wars." (Johannes Liechtenauer, 14th century)

Posts: 279 | Location: North-East Georgia | Registered: 12 November 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of michael458
posted Hide Post
Made that way? On purpose? No way, for real?

bewildered

HEH HEH!

You know what I like about double rifles? It's really pretty simple, I sorta hate to admit it, Sam fusses at me about this every time I shoot his! I like to open it after two shots and watch that brass fly up and over my shoulder! I get a big kick out of that! That is so cool! What's even more funny is watching Sam trying to catch it before it hits that concrete floor on the range! rotflmo

Simple minds I suppose! HEH. These doubles would get me killed in the field--after shooting a buffalo or something I would be in the habit of watching the brass FLY! HEH HEH!

Michael

The New Word is "Non-Conventional", add "Conventional" to the Endangered Species List!

I do Not Own Any Part of Any Bullet Company, I am not in the Employ Of Any Bullet Company. I do not represent, own stock, nor do I receive any proceeds, or monies from ANY BULLET COMPANY. I am not in the bullet business, and have no Bullets to sell to you, nor anyone else.

Posts: 8426 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: 23 June 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
He's not kidding either!!!

Posts: 2830 | Location: NC | Registered: 08 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of CCMDoc
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by michael458:
You know what I like about double rifles?

I like to open it after two shots and watch that brass fly up and over my shoulder! I get a big kick out of that! That is so cool!

Michael

I can't help but picture Patrick the starfish on SpongeBob (please dont ask ... and if you have kids, you don't need to ...)

Posts: 3460 | Location: In the Shadow of Griffin&Howe | Registered: 24 November 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Nemo .450
posted Hide Post
Mr. McCourry,

You wouldn't have to use the double on dangerous game. You could use it on whitetails and hogs, then you could shoot the critter, and then watch the brass fly! animal

CCMDoc, I wish you luck on selling your 9.3. If I could, I would buy it. For several reasons. tu2

------------------------------------------------------------------------

He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him. -- John 3:36

http://www.accurateinnovations.com - http://aigunstocks.com/home-2/

NRA Life Member
DSC
SCI
DRSS - STILL waiting on MY "Taksdale" .450NE or a refund... coffee

"Young knight, learn to love God and revere women, so that your honour grows. Practice knighthood and learn the Art that dignifies you, and brings you honour in wars." (Johannes Liechtenauer, 14th century)

Posts: 279 | Location: North-East Georgia | Registered: 12 November 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of CCMDoc
posted Hide Post
quote:
What's even more funny is watching Sam trying to catch it before it hits that concrete floor on the range!
Michael

I'm thinking of picking up a metal detector to find the brass in the field. Once under the damn wild strawberries almost impossible to find. I've taken to breaking the action so that the brass bounces off of my chest and falls near my feet. Still tough, even then!

Sam,

Pick up a big butterfly net ...

One of Us
Picture of CCMDoc
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nemo .450:
Mr. McCourry,

CCMDoc, I wish you luck on selling your 9.3. If I could, I would buy it. For several reasons. tu2

Thanks Nemo and glad your tale of woe with the Sabatti is nearly over and ending with the right thing being done.

One of Us
Picture of michael458
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CCMDoc:
quote:
What's even more funny is watching Sam trying to catch it before it hits that concrete floor on the range!
Michael

I'm thinking of picking up a metal detector to find the brass in the field. Once under the damn wild strawberries almost impossible to find. I've taken to breaking the action so that the brass bounces off of my chest and falls near my feet. Still tough, even then!

Sam,

Pick up a big butterfly net ...

That is going to be very funny now, watching Sam running back and forth with the butterfly net! You know I am going to turn to a different side every time!

animal

One of Us
posted Hide Post
OK you can laugh all you want about trying to catch that expensive brass before it bangs onto the concrete.

CCMDoc, I tried to sell a bunch of doubles to finance my elephant hunt and gave up. Just borrow the money and go! Worry about paying for it later. Better to hunt now than to wish you should have. Time and tide wait for no man.

Sam

Posts: 2830 | Location: NC | Registered: 08 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DoubleDon
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by srose:

Just borrow the money and go! Worry about paying for it later.

Sam

Big 10-4 Sam. tu2

It's only money. You can always make more money!

Besides, I've never seen a Brink's truck following a hearse!! Wink

Deo Vindice,

Don

Sons of Confederate Veterans Black Horse Camp #780

Posts: 1696 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 01 February 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of CCMDoc
posted Hide Post
Sam & Don,

You'll get no argument from me and I've said so before beer

But every bit of help counts, at least it does for me.

One of Us
Picture of peterdk
posted Hide Post
doc

actually with your 400 as a medium do everything rifle, and the 600 as a heavy, you do have a almost perfect two gun battery for the world.
but dont tell my wife as then she would proberly want me to do the same thing to my gun safe, and that would spell trouble.

merry christmas

peter

Posts: 1336 | Location: denmark | Registered: 01 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of CCMDoc
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by peterdk:
doc

actually with your 400 as a medium do everything rifle, and the 600 as a heavy, you do have a almost perfect two gun battery for the world.
but dont tell my wife as then she would proberly want me to do the same thing to my gun safe, and that would spell trouble.

merry christmas

peter

Don't worry Peter, your secret is safe with me - the women must never know the truth about what we really "need".

Merry Christmas to you too, my friend, and to everyone else as well!

One of Us
Picture of CCMDoc
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DoubleDon:
Besides, I've never seen a Brink's truck following a hearse!! Wink

But you have seen bill collectors do so, I am sure!

Ahhh well, maybe it's time to put it on GunsInternational.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I must say that your rifle, in that condition, and including all of those "extras", represents tremendous value. I'm amazed that you haven't sold it yet.

Posts: 386 | Location: Oshawa, Ontario, Canada | Registered: 01 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of CCMDoc
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the support, Ron.

I am sure that the economy plus the Christmas Season - people are being a bit more discrete with their discretionary funds (as Jeffe would say).

The AccurateReloading community is a great bunch of people and I would prefer that it go to someone I "know" even if only through this site. But a wider audience may bring me closer to paying the next "installment" on the Elephant "payment plan".

Be safe and stay well, everyone.
Paul

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I am sure that the economy plus the Christmas Season

That the answer my wife keeps saying when I look at your add.

Posts: 1284 | Location: N.J | Registered: 16 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of CCMDoc
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by J_Zola:
quote:
I am sure that the economy plus the Christmas Season

That the answer my wife keeps saying when I look at your add.

LOL - I tell my wife that the boxes going in and out are going "for repairs". After 30 years I don't really think she believes me but chooses to let me believe i am getting away with something. Wink

One of Us
Picture of CCMDoc
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by srose:
OK you can laugh all you want about trying to catch that expensive brass before it bangs onto the concrete.

Sam

I'm a fanatic about keeping brass, particularly expensive and hard to come by bigger stuff. I had to politely turn down a friend who asked for a 600OK case. 600NE brass is even more expensive. Eeker

One of Us
Picture of peterdk
posted Hide Post
doc

go to http://www.huelsen-horneber.de/frame_engl.html and order direct from him, it takes a little longer but it is well worth the wait, the best quality i have ever seen and the price direct from him is very good Smiler

i have just ordered 100 pcs of 600 ne for myself

best

peter

One of Us
Picture of CCMDoc
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by peterdk:
doc

go to http://www.huelsen-horneber.de/frame_engl.html and order direct from him, it takes a little longer but it is well worth the wait, the best quality i have ever seen and the price direct from him is very good Smiler

i have just ordered 100 pcs of 600 ne for myself

best

peter

Thanks Peter.

Their US distributer is Huntingtons and that's where I got mine. The folk at Huntingtons are good people and I like working through them.

Does Horneber sell directly to US customers?

One of Us
Picture of peterdk
posted Hide Post
doc

i dont know if he sells direct to the US, i think he does, and i have seen the huntimgton's prices, i do belive you will be suppriced at the marke up on said items Smiler

best

peter

One of Us
Picture of michael458
posted Hide Post
I am working with Dieter now for a 1000 pieces of 500 MDM brass--made to specs! I am expecting great things with this! And if this turns out well I will work with him on other B&M brass as well. I think the quality is going to be great!

Michael

One of Us
Picture of CCMDoc
posted Hide Post
quote:
I am working with Dieter now for a 1000 pieces of 500 MDM brass--made to specs! I am expecting great things with this! And if this turns out well I will work with him on other B&M brass as well. I think the quality is going to be great!

Michael

Michael,

Like Peter, I can attest to the excellent quality and consistency of Horneber brass.

Good luck with your endeavor,

Paul

One of Us
Picture of CCMDoc
posted Hide Post
Let me ask you guys a question:

I hunting buddy is begging me for the scope off of the Chapuis for something he is doing tomorrow.

Should I take it off and leave it off and take $300 from the price of the Chapuis

or

replace the scope on the Chapuis because it "the complete package" will sell better?

Thanks

One of Us
Picture of CCMDoc
posted Hide Post
OK, scope is coming off and new lower price is going up.

Thanks

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Paul, most folks are particular about their scopes, so I don't see a disadvantage in selling the scope separately. With money the way it is, I think the lower resulting price would trump the value of the rifle with a scope, IMHO.

Posts: 20085 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DoubleDon
posted Hide Post
Biebs

Money tight? What are you talking about? Obama said the recession ended June 2009. He be da man. Fixed it in 5 months! No wonder he went to the top of the list for the Nobel Peace Prize within a month after taking office. You're just behind the times dude!! Big Grin

Deo Vindice,

Don

Sons of Confederate Veterans Black Horse Camp #780

Posts: 1696 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 01 February 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Don, yes...I guess I'm doomed to be tied to reality. I'd never make at politician!!!

Hey, see ya'll at Ken's booth at the DSC!

One of Us
Picture of CCMDoc
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Biebs:

Hey, see ya'll at Ken's booth at the DSC!

Damn I'm jealous - really wanted to go but will have to put it off this year.

Pick up a sticker for my car, if you have the chance. I need something new on the truck to offend hopital administration.