Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Big Bore Fan
posted
I saw this rifle and fall in love.
What´s your meaning?
www.hermann-historica.de/aukti..._S_GB&db=kat59_s.txt

Martin

Posts: 824 | Location: Munich, Bavaria, thats near Germany | Registered: 23 November 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of byf42
posted Hide Post
nice! i'd take it

*We Band of 45-70er's*

"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat." -Theodore Roosevelt-

Posts: 497 | Location: Illinois | Registered: 27 May 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'd take it because they are the best of the Webley built guns
and is likely to be very well balanced.

Gotta love that action.

Posts: 3191 | Location: Victoria, Australia | Registered: 01 March 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Interesting that you would say that, as, just looking at it, I thought that the barrels looked rather long!
Peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10515 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Peter:
Interesting that you would say that, as, just looking at it, I thought that the barrels looked rather long!
Peter.

I understand where you are coming from, but Webley generally made superbly balanced guns and I have the exact same gun here but without the Dickson name on it - I think it has Army and Navy on it.

Every gun I have handled like this one has been good - that's why it is so important IMHO
to know your actions as sometimes Webley screw grips and PHV1's get passed in because
someone doesn't like the name on the gun without realising what the gun actually is.

Posts: 3191 | Location: Victoria, Australia | Registered: 01 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
A beautiful vintage rifle. Webley actions are still great! Proper 26 inch barrels not only make it look balanced, they give the rifle a beautiful grace! Nice claw mounts!

Most important question, how are the bores? All else can be worked on if needed.

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!
DRSS, NRA & SCI Life Member

"I am rejoiced at my fate. Do not be uneasy about me, for I am with my friends."
----- David Crockett in his last letter (to his children), January 9th, 1836
"I will never forsake Texas and her cause. I am her son." ----- Jose Antonio Navarro, from Mexican Prison in 1841
"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson
Declaration of Arbroath April 6, 1320-“. . .It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.”

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Big Bore Fan
posted Hide Post
Sold!
For 5600.-€ + tax. But not to me. Wink

Martin

Posts: 824 | Location: Munich, Bavaria, thats near Germany | Registered: 23 November 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That seems cheap - anyone know a reason why ?

One of Us
Picture of Big Bore Fan
posted Hide Post
quote:
That seems cheap - anyone know a reason why ?

In Germany, the prices are down. In the last 12 month nearly 100000 guns are given to policestations and authorities. Nearly all this guns would go to scrap. After the school-shooting last year, the goverment will drive a hard course against legal gun owners. So, you can get rifles, like drillings with scope for under 500.-€ and less.
Extreme dramatic is it with handguns. No one will buy any pistol or revolver, everyone will sell. Pistols like old PP or PPK´s are not to sell, only for scrap.
And at the moment, most hunters, marksmen and collector dont´s buy anything, with the fear, that the next gun law will forbit any legal gun owning. Roll Eyes

Martin

One of Us
Picture of cal pappas
posted Hide Post
I agree with 500N--it is too cheap. Make sure you have an inspection period and can shoot it. For less than 10K USD, something is (may not be) right.
Cal

Cal Pappas, Willow, Alaska
www.CalPappas.com
www.CalPappas.blogspot.com
1994 Zimbabwe
1997 Zimbabwe
1998 Zimbabwe
1999 Zimbabwe
1999 Namibia, Botswana, Zambia--vacation
2000 Australia
2002 South Africa
2003 South Africa
2003 Zimbabwe
2005 South Africa
2005 Zimbabwe
2006 Tanzania
2006 Zimbabwe--vacation
2007 Zimbabwe--vacation
2008 Zimbabwe
2012 Australia
2013 South Africa
2013 Zimbabwe
2013 Australia
2016 Zimbabwe
2017 Zimbabwe
2018 South Africa
2018 Zimbabwe--vacation
2019 South Africa
2019 Botswana
2019 Zimbabwe vacation
2021 South Africa
2021 South Africa (2nd hunt a month later)

Posts: 7281 | Location: Willow, Alaska | Registered: 29 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Big Bore Fan
posted Hide Post
An other example.
Belgium made sidelock double in .405WCF for 5900.-€
http://www.stiegele-jagd.de/ca...page/4/options_id/91

Martin

One of Us
Picture of Mike Brooks
posted Hide Post
That rifle is a piece of art! Lovely and pretty cheap from the pictures I see.

NRA Life
ASSRA Life
DRSS

Today's Quote:
Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a free cell phone with free monthly minutes, food stamps, section 8 housing, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.

Posts: 4096 | Location: Cherkasy Ukraine  | Registered: 19 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Big Bore Fan
posted Hide Post
http://www.hermann-historica.d...c_S_D&db=kat59_s.txt
This High Wall I wanted to buy, but the bidding was over my limit. But it´s cheap, for a nearly new rifle.
Look at the other sold rifles at the Hermann-Historica page, especial the lever guns. Nearly new Winchester commemoratives for under 500.-€.
The prices are down.

Martin