THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    North Fork cup point in 500 gr. .458
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

North Fork cup point in 500 gr. .458
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I am going to give these a try in my 450 3 1/4".
It does seem to like their FPS at the same weight, which I will use for Ele and in the left barrel on buff.
But I want to see how the cup points fly in places where normally you would use a soft.
My thinking being both the CP and the FPS are bore riders where as the NF softs are not.

Anyone gone this route? Did the Cup points stay in buff?

And yes I have run the CEB solids and Non Cons already, I am tinkering to find best over all.

Many Thanks
Brett

One of Us
Picture of ozhunter
posted Hide Post
I do like both solids and softs for Buffalo, depending on situation and I also think the cup points will be a good compromise. I am now loading them in my 470NE and 375F for that reason.
With the 470NE they work with about 4 to 2 grains less powder than the standard Woodleigh load.

Posts: 5886 | Location: Sydney,Australia  | Registered: 03 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hi HBH,

Just to clarify, all of our solids are bore riders, that includes both the FPS and CPS designs.

We do have a couple of soft points that are bore riders, these include:

1. .348-230
2. .410-400
3. .458-300, 350, 405 (designed for 45/70 although they can be used in any .458 caliber)
4. .474-500

Good picture Oz.

Regards,
John
North Fork Technologies
www.northforkbullets.com

North Fork Technologies
www.northforkbullets.com

Posts: 158 | Location: Philomath, Oregon | Registered: 26 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Brett- I have used the CPS on the two buffalo I have taken. Although being the 450 grain 458 in a Lott at 2350fps I did have one pass through. I think they are the perfect buffalo bullet.

The bullet on the left is a Northfork soft point and the three on the right are CPS's.

The only easy day is yesterday!

Posts: 2758 | Location: Northern Minnesota | Registered: 22 September 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the photos and info. I have some coming. I was certainly impressed with how both the NF softs and solids performed out of my 404. Looking forward to trying the CPS from my double.

Many Thanks

Brett