THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    information on double rifle FR Wilh Heym 55
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

information on double rifle FR Wilh Heym 55
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I am looking for information on a Heym 55 double rifle I have chance to purchase on for 6000.00 in 375 H&H the gun has a older claw mounted 1/4 nickel scope and is a 97% gun with outstanding wood and engraving. I have looked on the Heym web site and there isn't much information

Posts: 243 | Location: Kansas | Registered: 06 December 2008Reply With Quote
One Of Us
Picture of new_guy
posted Hide Post
His asking price is less than 30% of replacement - before you add engraving, claw mounts or a scope.

In the condition you describe, I'd be in the car now taking him sixty 100-dollar bills.

www.heymusa.com

HSC Booth # 306
SCI Booth # 3947

one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
.............And if you decide against it, just let me know where I can buy it!

...................... clap

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
With your information I purchased the rifle at a lot lowered price the gun appeared new in every-way but it had been mag ported and so I had him cut the price to 5000.00 which I thought is fair. Now by 9.3x74r and hello 375 H&H

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
...which I thought is fair.

Did you ask him to cough as well? I'm no expert, but I think you did real well on that deal. Congrats and enjoy!

Dean

...I say that hunters go into Paradise when they die, and live in this world more joyfully than any other men.
-Edward, Duke of York

Posts: 876 | Location: Halkirk Ab | Registered: 11 January 2005Reply With Quote
One Of Us
Picture of new_guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rnb:
...but it had been mag ported

You didn't mention that earlier, but I wouldn't say that was a complete deal-breaker.

However, you need to understand that it may not regulate correctly. The magnaport will reduce the muzzle rise, and the muzzle rise is integral to the regulation.

Worst-case-scenario, you would spend another $1,000 to have it re-regulated, but you won't know that until you shoot it. Either way you're still into it "right," and you've got a lot more rifle than you paid for. Nice buy!

www.heymusa.com

HSC Booth # 306
SCI Booth # 3947

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Had the same model in a 9.3 bullets for each pair in the same hole, both pairs a few inches apart. The scope from mine was missing but it did have claw mounts. Enjoy

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just got in from Deer hunting here in Kansas,I took the rifle I got Monday to the farm to shoot after deer hunting while showing the rifle to my brother in-law we looked up a saw a doe by the hay barn since I had the rifle out and the ammunition laying in the front seat of the truck I loaded the rifle up and after setting up shooting sticks, I shot at about 80 yards the doe never moved a step after being shot the 300 gr Federal worked like a charm and in the excitement I never felt the gun go off. What a gun, what a caliber!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Did this rifle come out of a Cabelas store?

Good to hear it's working out for you!

Cheers
Tinker

Posts: 802 | Location: Palomino Valley, NV | Registered: 26 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes after a great deal of dealing

one of us
posted Hide Post
Let us know how it shoots.

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
What are your plans for the 9,3x74? Did I read "bye-bye" right?

Rich

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I traded it for a Kreighoff stocking rifle in 300 win mag at KC KS along with dies, brass and five boxes of factory ammo.