Find
Notify
Tools

Beretta O/U,Single Trigger.
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Bill73
posted
I have the oportunity to buy a Beretta 689 at a reasonable price,cal 9.3 x 74,I do not mind the O/U configuration at all,actually I like it,the rifle has a single trigger,would anybody have knowledge of a gunsmith who can convert the rifle to a double trigger?

DRSS

Posts: 2281 | Location: MI | Registered: 20 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Richard Cole of Cole gunsmithing Naples, Florida can do it. See his website; he is the Beretta guru of USA.

Posts: 348 | Location: South Carolina USA | Registered: 20 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
Maybe they can convert it to a SxS at the same time. Then it will be a proper DR!

clap

One of Us
Picture of Bill73
posted Hide Post
Thanks.

DRSS

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bill73;

A shooting friend of mine had Rich Cole to build him a wonderful .410 Beretta o/u with double triggers and straight English stock of magnificent figured walnut. This .410 gun is included in the Cole website and to view it click on the "Home" section and then scroll down to the "Our Work" section and you will see the photo of the gun laying on top of a Beretta "PB" leather gun case. It is a joy to behold.

Posts: 348 | Location: South Carolina USA | Registered: 20 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bill73
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Todd Williams:
Maybe they can convert it to a SxS at the same time. Then it will be a proper DR!

clap

Yea properly frikked up lol

DRSS

One of Us
Picture of Bill73
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Transvaal:
Bill73;

A shooting friend of mine had Rich Cole to build him a wonderful .410 Beretta o/u with double triggers and straight English stock of magnificent figured walnut. This .410 gun is included in the Cole website and to view it click on the "Home" section and then scroll down to the "Our Work" section and you will see the photo of the gun laying on top of a Beretta "PB" leather gun case. It is a joy to behold.

That wood is truly magnificent,Todd's going to have a kaniption Big Grin

DRSS

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Since the 689E Gold Sable in 9.3x74R was offered with double triggers, converting one with a single trigger to double triggers using factory parts should be straightforward.

Posts: 84 | Location: Eastern USA | Registered: 08 December 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bill73
posted Hide Post
Update,
Rich Cole just confirmed that he can do it no trouble at all,thanks for all the suggestions.

DRSS

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bill73;

There is a lovely Beretta O/U in 9.3x74R on GI at a reduced price with double triggers and scope.

One of Us
Picture of sambarman338
posted Hide Post
Is the trigger selective? A friend has a F.A.I.R. rifle in 9.3x74 with a non-selective trigger, and that would be a serious demerit if the upper barrel was set up to for, say, a special distance. Is the rifle to be used for dangerous game? If so, double triggers might give one kind of security (while removing another if you are used to shotguns with single triggers). If not, I'd try to live with it - or trade for the one Transvaal mentioned.

Posts: 5106 | Location: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: 31 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bill73
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Transvaal:
Bill73;

There is a lovely Beretta O/U in 9.3x74R on GI at a reduced price with double triggers and scope.

Thanks,I did look into that one,the one that I am looking at is way better priced Smiler,the scope is a nice addition,although I am quite happy using dokter red dot sights on my DR'S.

DRSS

One of Us
Picture of Bill73
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sambarman338:
Is the trigger selective? A friend has a F.A.I.R. rifle in 9.3x74 with a non-selective trigger, and that would be a serious demerit if the upper barrel was set up to for, say, a special distance. Is the rifle to be used for dangerous game? If so, double triggers might give one kind of security (while removing another if you are used to shotguns with single triggers). If not, I'd try to live with it - or trade for the one Transvaal mentioned.

I think Beretta uses intertia type triggers,but in any case I would not use a single trigger,all my double rifles have two triggers & I would not risk getting used to a single trigger.

DRSS