New
Find
Notify
Tools

huglu
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
saw a huglu (sp) side by side double 45/70 at a gun show yesterday- didn't look that bad , guy had it priced at 995- anybody know anything about this one

Posts: 13462 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
I've seen their shotguns seemed ok for the $$. Never seen a double rifle from them.

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

Posts: 12881 | Location: Mexico, MO | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
Was it factory or a conversion; I think we would have heard if they were actually making DRs in turkey.

Posts: 17288 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
I don't a 45-70 on their website. But that probably doesn't mean anything. Heck just the cost of the donor shotgun doesn't leave much room for a conversion cost.

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
No it doesn't.
Butch; do you have that dealer's name? I want to talk to him.

One of Us
Picture of crshelton
posted Hide Post
At a recent show, Huglu had a large booth displaying all their guns and the person manning the booth was very attentive when I examined several shotguns. When I said "these look just like the CZ shotguns I shot last week" he replied - "They should, we make all those shotguns for CZ". Further discussions convinced me that he was correct.

The relevance is that some CZ shotguns appear to be good candidates for "doner" conversions to double rifles. Their Bobwhite has double triggers, but all I have seen also have straight stocks (no pistol grips) and the grade up has a pistol grip and a single trigger. So I lost interest in using a CZ/Huglu for a doner double.
However, it may be simple to correct these issues and make an inexpensive DR with a CZ/Huglu double shotgun.

NRA Life Benefactor Member,
DRSS, DWWC, Whittington
Center,Android Reloading
Ballistics App at
http://www.xplat.net/

Posts: 2294 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 25 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
wish i did take the dealers name - the this had quite an engraving scene on the receiver. probably should have bought it on gp. i just figured at the price it wouldn't be any where close to regulated

Posts: 13462 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
If you see it again, look at in detail and ask questions; if you can and will. Please; things like this make me think too much.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
As I understand it, the Clark custom conversions are done on CZ-Huglu actions. Probably not the only people around that have used them.

Posts: 284 | Location: southern AB | Registered: 17 May 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of tomahawker
posted Hide Post
I have a 450 NE built on a huglu action. I did have it restocked in lefty. Sent 120 rounds or so down it. Great gun I can crawl, drag, use without paranoia!

Posts: 3534 | Registered: 27 November 2014Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
quote:
As I understand it, the Clark custom conversions are done on CZ-Huglu actions. Probably not the only people around that have used them.

tu2 ""Built on CZ Ringneck or Bobwhite Shotgun (depending upon chosen caliber).
Barrels custom manufactured from Douglas blank. - (470 barrels made from Pac-Nor blank.)""

But STARTING at $5000. Frowner

As usual just my $.02
Paul K