THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    THREE NICE DOUBLE RIFLES FOR SALE
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

THREE NICE DOUBLE RIFLES FOR SALE
 Login/Join

One Of Us
posted
Here is a link to three nice double rifles that have languished far too long on Guns International. I was instrumental in bringing these estate guns into Pinto's Gun Shop, Renton, WA quite some time ago. David Powell purchased a great Belgian sidelock 475 No.2 from this estate. I should be buying the little Greener, but I am downsizing these days!!

Please call Pinto's directly from the GI Ads below, ask for Chris. He is a co-owner of the shop and a Double Rifle Guru, also a great personal friend. He also still owns my first double rifle, a Jeffrey boxlock 450-400 3", which is how we met in the mid-90's!!

Here is a beautiful little GREENER boxlock, Fascel Princeps grade, in 375 2 1/2" Flanged NE. Very nice engraving-
https://www.gunsinternational....cfm?gun_id=101917808

Here is a real "BUNDU BASHER" i.e. a PH brush buster, Cogswell and Harrison boxlock, in 475 No.2, very nice condition and priced very well for a British double, BIG BORE!!

https://www.gunsinternational....cfm?gun_id=101917758

Last, a great little plain vanilla Cogswell and Harrison Boxlock in 375 H&H 21/2” Flanged NE. A great starter Double in very nice condition and priced very well for a British Double-

https://www.gunsinternational....cfm?gun_id=101917829

Photos don’t do these doubles justice. Give Chris a call to discuss them. You won’t be disappointed!! These are sleepers!!

470EDDY

Posts: 2666 | Location: The Other Washington | Registered: 24 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well..I have a double rifle in .475 3 1/4 and can testify that it is as good as any of the .450 - .476NE rounds

It is basically a .450NE necked up to take a .483 480 grain bullet.. I took an elephant with mine..

I get 2150fps with modern Kynoch from 23" barrels..

Posts: 3974 | Location: Vell, I yust dont know.. | Registered: 27 March 2005Reply With Quote
One Of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pondoro:
Well..I have a double rifle in .475 3 1/4 and can testify that it is as good as any of the .450 - .476NE rounds

It is basically a .450NE necked up to take a .483 480 grain bullet.. I took an elephant with mine..

I get 2150fps with modern Kynoch from 23" barrels..

Remember the 475 No.2 is a 31/2" cartridge!! A real Roman Candle...almost a Fallic symbol!!

Bertram lists the brass, but 450 No.2 necked up I think would work too.

470EDDY

Posts: 2666 | Location: The Other Washington | Registered: 24 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Huvius
posted Hide Post
That Greener is pretty nice!
I had a similar rifle chambered in 360No.2.

Posts: 3302 | Location: Colorado U.S.A. | Registered: 24 December 2004Reply With Quote
One Of Us
posted Hide Post
That GREENER is a sweetheart and should be in my collection!! Surprised Chris hasn't snapped it up for his collection!!

470EDDY

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Eddy, yes:

Those #2 cartridges are super cool!

Ballistically no different, but they just look awesome...

Posts: 446 | Location: CA.  | Registered: 26 October 2016Reply With Quote
One Of Us
posted Hide Post
BUMP

Still looking for a new home!!

470EDDY

One Of Us
posted Hide Post
Here is some good stuff from an article in SPORTING CLASSICS- re Greeners

William Morris once said, "Have nothing in your home that isn't beautiful." He may have been talking about Greener's exhibition quality guns??
Greener enjoyed a long special relationship with American people providing shotguns for Wells Fargo and most successful live Pigeon shoots.
Doc Holiday killed Tom McLaury with a Greener at the O.K. CORRAL.
John Wayne had a brace of Greeners,
in lame horse opera "Big Jake" ... "Martha, DID YOU REMEMBER TO BRING MY GREENERS"... drawls John Wayne

I would have this little 375 FL 2.5" if I weren't downsizing!! A great little gun!!

470EDDY