THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    .450 Nitro Express #2 (3 1/2")
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

.450 Nitro Express #2 (3 1/2")
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Guillermo Amestoy
posted
Hi Gentlemans;
SmilerI know that this post is for the reloading forum, but here, are the Double Rifle experts, that shurelly can help me.
Today I received 40 unfired bertram brass from Huntingtong & the .450 NE Nº2 Dies from RCBS, but for my surprise, the shellholder was not include. shocker CRYBABY I tried hard to found on RCBS & Hornady websites, but nothing horse, just in Midway the RCBS & under special order status 90+days bewildered. I have not clear wich is the right shellholder nº in each brand, I did not find in any s.h. chart. as well.
Hornady or RCBS are OK, but must be the right for my brass and of the best quality x 2 units.(just in case of rupture)
Somebody can help me to find the right s.h.? Many thanks: thumb Guille. wave

"Every ignored reallity prepares its revenge!"

Posts: 883 | Location: Provincia de Cordoba - Republica Argentina -Southamerica | Registered: 09 May 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Just contact Huntingtons, and order [I recommend two] shell holders for the 450 No2.

No other shell holder will work, as far as I know...

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Mike Brooks
posted Hide Post
Try here..
http://www.huntingtons.com/shellholders.html

NRA Life
ASSRA Life
DRSS

Today's Quote:
Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a free cell phone with free monthly minutes, food stamps, section 8 housing, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.

Posts: 4096 | Location: Cherkasy Ukraine  | Registered: 19 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
shocker Guaaaauu You are very fast !!!, many thanks !!! tomorrow (here are 2;20 am ) I will contact the people from Huntingtons and I will ask to a USA friend that will travel to my country soon, that bring to me the shellholders, thanks a lot I owe all of You a Beer. Many Thanks.

Mr. N E 450 No2, I presume that You have a 450NE Nº2 rifle? I am right? Maybe I will bother You in the future asking some loads recipes "factory like" with Aliant R15 or R22 powder(The only in my country) and .458/500 grains JSP Hornady bullets. Thanks K.Rgs. GUILLE

Posts: 883 | Location: Provincia de Cordoba - Republica Argentina -Southamerica | Registered: 09 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Mike Brooks
posted Hide Post
De nada amigo!

You might as well ask if they have any of the NEW Jamison 450 #2 NE brass you'll be needing also.

NRA Life
ASSRA Life
DRSS

Today's Quote:
Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a free cell phone with free monthly minutes, food stamps, section 8 housing, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.

Posts: 4096 | Location: Cherkasy Ukraine  | Registered: 19 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DoubleDon
posted Hide Post
Guillermo

Yes, order the shell holder and Jamison brass from Huntington's. You might want to have Huntington's send the SH back to RCBS to add a primer relief groove. There should be no additional charge for this and may help you down the line.

Can you get RL 15? If so, my .450 No.2 regulates with 89 gr. RL15 and 480 gr. Woodleigh softs. This yields 2100 FPS instrument velocity. I use 1 grain less with Woodleigh solids.

Don't forget the filler! I use backer rod which I cut to length.

Don

Deo Vindice,

Don

Sons of Confederate Veterans Black Horse Camp #780

Posts: 1698 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 01 February 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Donald Soter:
Guillermo

Yes, order the shell holder and Jamison brass from Huntington's. You might want to have Huntington's send the SH back to RCBS to add a primer relief groove. There should be no additional charge for this and may help you down the line.

Can you get RL 15? If so, my .450 No.2 regulates with 89 gr. RL15 and 480 gr. Woodleigh softs. This yields 2100 FPS instrument velocity. I use 1 grain less with Woodleigh solids.

Don

What's your bbls length Please?

Jack

OH GOD! {Seriously, we need the help.}

Posts: 2791 | Location: USA - East Coast | Registered: 10 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DoubleDon
posted Hide Post
25"

Deo Vindice,

Don

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Brooks:
De nada amigo!
You might as well ask if they have any of the NEW Jamison 450 #2 NE brass you'll be needing also.

Many Thanks I will, but I think that the 40 unfired cases just received from Bertram will be enought for now. Thanks again Guillermo.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Donald Soter:
Guillermo

Don

Ok, Good advice on Shellholder thumb, On R15...Yes I reserved 6 pounds of R15 because is hard to find in ArgentinaMad, no more for the .308 Big Grin the B.A. Ruger only will eat factory ammo from now.
Just one more thing this is backer rod?
http://www.bestmaterials.com/Backer_Rod.aspx
What about 5 or 6 grains of Dacron (polyester fiber...pillow sintetic stuffing)
What ammo manufacturer use as filler material? Many thanks to all. Guille

One of Us
Picture of DoubleDon
posted Hide Post
I have used dacron filler in the past with no problems.

Yes, that is the backer rod to which I am referring. Available in most building supply stores ( Lowe's here in the U.S. ) in 1/2" and 5/8" diameters. A 20' roll costs about $4.

Good luck.

Don

Deo Vindice,

Don

one of us
posted Hide Post
I uss 88 gr of RL 15 with the 480 gr Woodleigh Softs and Solids, the 500gr Swift A Frame, the Hornady 500gr RN [old style] and the Hornady 500gr Solid[old style steel jacketed], and with my 75% rule with the 350gr Hornady RN.

Actually most of the time I use 81gr of IMR 3031 with the 350 Hornady RN as I have a bunch of it on hand. It works well with the heavier bullets as well, but i like RL 15 for them best.

When I use the North Fork 450gr FN and Cup Point bullets, I use 89 gr of RL 15.

You must use filler with RL 15.

I use either 5 gr of Dacron, or a foam filler I cot out with a 50 cal Browning machine gun case, sharpened with a chamfer tool.

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by N E 450 No2:
I uss 88 gr of RL 15 with the 480 gr Woodleigh Softs and Solids, the 500gr Swift A Frame, the Hornady 500gr RN [old style] and the Hornady 500gr Solid[old style steel jacketed], and with my 75% rule with the 350gr Hornady RN.

Actually most of the time I use 81gr of IMR 3031 with the 350 Hornady RN as I have a bunch of it on hand. It works well with the heavier bullets as well, but i like RL 15 for them best.
When I use the North Fork 450gr FN and Cup Point bullets, I use 89 gr of RL 15.
You must use filler with RL 15.
I use either 5 gr of Dacron, or a foam filler I cot out with a 50 cal Browning machine gun case, sharpened with a chamfer tool.

Thanks for Your time and share this useful information; Kind Regards: Guille.