THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    New 470 K Gun bought yesterday!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New 470 K Gun bought yesterday!
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
http://www.finn.no/finn/torget...se?finnkode=37826110

Traded in the 500/416. It was the nickel plated PH model with some extra details like 100 and 200m leaf sights.

The new 470 has no extras, blued action and is all buisness Wink Perfect balance.

Posts: 446 | Location: Norway | Registered: 11 November 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
I have to say I like the blued action as well. That's a nice looking K-Gun!

One of Us
Picture of jorge
posted Hide Post
Very nice indeed and nice regulation target so you know ahead of time how the gun shoots.

USN (ret)
DRSS Verney-Carron 450NE
Cogswell & Harrison 375 Fl NE
Sabatti Big Five 375 FL Magnum NE
DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

Posts: 7149 | Location: Orange Park, Florida. USA | Registered: 22 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of larrys01
posted Hide Post
I have the Krieghoff Classic in both .470 and 500/416. I haved used them both on Cape Buffalo. If I had to get rid of one of them it would be the .470. After using the 500/416 with the 370 gr. CEB Hollow Point earlier this month in Zimbabwe, I prefer it over the .470

Just my .02 cents worth.

Posts: 1525 | Location: Iowa | Registered: 08 August 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nothing wrong with 500/416. Except my big five was exessively front heavy. Same barrel contour as 500 and 470. But smaller tubes. 470 balances and points way better for me. I don't think either caliber has an advantage in most situations. Trajectory does not matter, maybe 416 penetrates better on elephant (where evt diff may be relevant). 470 is more common... I just did this for the pointability/balance. Also think The advantages of 500/416 are not important in a double in most circumstances.

One of Us
Picture of PSmith
posted Hide Post
That's the first K-gun I've seen with a blued action and I think it looks great.

Paul Smith
SCI Life Member
NRA Life Member
DSC Member
Life Member of the "I Can't Wait to Get Back to Africa" Club
DRSS
I had the privilege to fire E. Hemingway's WR .577NE, E. Keith's WR .470NE, & F. Jamieson's WJJ .500 Jeffery
I strongly recommend avoidance of "The Zambezi Safari & Travel Co., Ltd." and "Pisces Sportfishing-Cabo San Lucas"

"A failed policy of national defense is its own punishment" Otto von Bismarck

Posts: 2545 | Location: The 'Ham | Registered: 25 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes, changes the look of the whole rifle. Cool!

Posts: 20165 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
Great looking rifle; and yes, you did get an extra; you got scope bases, which are a very high priced factory option on the Ks. You know that.

Posts: 17291 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I didn't know. Not of much use on a 470 tho. Using aimpoint Micro 2moa sight. Not many use scopes on 470s?

One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Congrats! tu2

One of Us
Picture of D R Hunter
posted Hide Post
I also had never seen a blued K-Gun; and I like it as the others do.
I hope it gives you great service for many years to come. Have you
planned a hunt yet?

D/R Hunter

Correct bullet placement, combined with the required depth of bullet penetration, results in an anchored animal...

Posts: 997 | Location: Florida - A Little North of Tampa  | Registered: 07 August 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
Right, not much use for scope bases on a 470 but you got them anyway (Recknagel) and here at least, they are about a $2000 factory option. (That price might include the rings but those are only about 400. Which is why I install my own.

Posts: 17291 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for all the comments. After spending hard earned cash I need all the reassurance I can get that I did the right thing... Not much doubt in my mind now WinkIn a couple of years I turn 40. Planning to take a trip to Africa with my wife and kids. Buffalo on the menu if I can afford it... Until then the gun will have slain a handful of moose and perhaps some deer ^^

One of Us
Picture of BaxterB
posted Hide Post
quote:
That's the first K-gun I've seen with a blued action and I think it looks great.

Me too! Like it!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Looking at the photos it just looks blued to me. Can't see the CCH. But I like it, because it's a DR.

Posts: 156 | Location: Preferably in the woods with my Verney-Carron .450/400 NE double rifle | Registered: 07 January 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Oh, duh! After reading the recent topic on CCH on Heyms I had CCH in my mind. It's blued, and I still like it.

Posts: 156 | Location: Preferably in the woods with my Verney-Carron .450/400 NE double rifle | Registered: 07 January 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That looks good. I didn't inquire as to blueing or CCH when I ordered mine. Something to consider for the next one. Hmmmmm.

Krieghoff Classic 30R Blaser
Stevens 044-1/2 218 Bee
Ruger #1A 7-08
Rem 700 7-08
Tikka t3x lite 6.5 creedmo
Tikka TAC A1 6.5 creedmo
Win 1885 300H&H. 223Rem
Merkel K1 7 Rem mag
CCFR

Posts: 284 | Location: southern AB | Registered: 17 May 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MikeBurke
posted Hide Post
Nice looking rifle.

My 470 K-Gun also has a blued receiver, but has the 50 and 100 yard leaf.

one of us
Picture of JBoutfishn
posted Hide Post
And I thought my K Gun was the only one with a blue action. Big Grin

Never thought about Norma brass, years ago I bought some 470 brass from Midway that was head stamped Rigby. Woodleigh are the only bullets I have ever used.

Jim "Bwana Umfundi"
NRA

Posts: 3014 | Location: State Of Jefferson | Registered: 27 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
I used one of those for a couple of years and I thought mine was the only blued action?

Served me well and was very accurate. Good gun.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9983 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ozhunter
posted Hide Post
A friend of mine also had one with a Back Action but in 9.3x74R.

Posts: 5886 | Location: Sydney,Australia  | Registered: 03 July 2005Reply With Quote