Find
Notify
Tools

Of All the Bad Luck!
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted
My daughter and son-in-law came over for dinner last Saturday and invited Peggy and I to go to Scotland in September! My son-in-law is from Glasgow. Talk about bad luck!

So much Single Malt Whisky and so little time.

We will spend 4 days in Scotland and 3 days in London.

Here is your chance to tell me what I need to see(double rifle related) while I'm there.

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!
DRSS, NRA & SCI Life Member

"I am rejoiced at my fate. Do not be uneasy about me, for I am with my friends."
----- David Crockett in his last letter (to his children), January 9th, 1836
"I will never forsake Texas and her cause. I am her son." ----- Jose Antonio Navarro, from Mexican Prison in 1841
"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson
Declaration of Arbroath April 6, 1320-“. . .It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.”

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of El Deguello
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rusty:
My daughter and son-in-law came over for dinner last Saturday and invited Peggy and I to go to Scotland in September! My son-in-law is from Glasgow. Talk about bad luck!

So much Single Malt Whisky and so little time.

We will spend 4 days in Scotland and 3 days in London.

Here is you chance to tell me what I need to see(double rifle related) while I'm there.

Will you get a chance at a little stag stalking while there??

"Bitte, trinks du nicht das Wasser. Dahin haben die Kuhen gesheissen."

Posts: 4386 | Location: New Woodstock, Madison County, Central NY | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Congratulations Rusty.
If you have enough single malt everything will be double.
Enjoy your trip.
Frank

Posts: 6935 | Location: hydesville, ca. , USA | Registered: 17 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Frank Martinez:
Congratulations Rusty.
If you have enough single malt everything will be double.
Enjoy your trip.
Frank

Or, he gets his "alcho balance" just right, he might do a "William Wallace", paint his body blue and run around in nothing but a kilt shouting "FREEEEEDOMMMM". Now there's a visual!

SCI Life Member
DSC Life Member

Posts: 2018 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 20 May 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Good for you! We have some very close friends moving this week to Aberdeen, and we have an invitation stay with them next summer. If I'm lucky, I'll be able to stictch this trip together with the trip to SA by going via London. Have a great time. Bob

Posts: 1286 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: 20 October 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Hog Killer
posted Hide Post
The gunshop of David McKay Brown, is in Glasgow, Scotland. 32 Hamilton Road, Bothwell. Tel. ph # 01698-853727

In London I would look up every high end gunshop and auction house. sofa Then I would meet the family at the airport. lol

Keith

IGNORE YOUR RIGHTS AND THEY'LL GO AWAY!!!
------------------------------------
We Band of Bubbas & STC Hunting Club, The Whomper Club

Posts: 4553 | Location: Walker Co.,Texas | Registered: 05 September 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Heat
posted Hide Post
Enjoy your trip...

Here is the obvious:

Holland & Holland
31-33 Bruton Street
LONDON
W1J 6HH
Tel: +44.20.7499.4411

Ken....

"The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they are ignorant, but that they know so much that isn't so. " - Ronald Reagan

Posts: 5386 | Location: Phoenix Arizona | Registered: 16 May 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Royal Mile Whiskies in Edinborough... well, and lift the Inver stone in Inverness, if you too have once spent far too much time lifting rocks...

And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor.

Posts: 863 | Location: Texas | Registered: 25 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
I already own a kilt!

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!

"I am rejoiced at my fate. Do not be uneasy about me, for I am with my friends."
"I will never forsake Texas and her cause. I am her son." ----- Jose Antonio Navarro, from Mexican Prison in 1841
"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson
Declaration of Arbroath April 6, 1320-“. . .It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.”

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
It's obviously a difficult life! You'll just have to tough it out. Wink

Mike

--------------
DRSS, Womper's Club, NRA Life Member/Charter Member NRA Golden Eagles ...
Knifemaker, http://www.mstarling.com

Posts: 6199 | Location: Charleston, WV | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes, you must go to David McKay Brown!

Posts: 1083 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 05 December 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fallow Buck
posted Hide Post
William evans, Hollands, and the beretta Gallery ,(not for the Berettas but for all the other stuff they have) are all quite closer to eachother.

What dates are you in town Rusty?

Rgds,
FB

Posts: 4096 | Location: London | Registered: 03 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Arrive in Glasgow on the 19th. Should drive down to London on the 23rd or the 24th.

We fly out on the 26th.

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!

One of Us
Picture of 308Sako
posted Hide Post
Rusty enjoy the trip and the beautiful experiences.

Member NRA, SCI- Life #358 28+ years now!
DRSS, double owner-shooter since 1983, O/U .30-06 Browning Continental set.

Posts: 3611 | Location: LV NV | Registered: 22 October 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Rusty,
Enjoy the trip, try to leave enough single malt so they can export some for us unfortuanat soles who cant make the trip. beer
Bill
PS I still have a little blue paint I can loan you..........

Member DSC,DRSS,NRA,TSRA
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
-Mark Twain
There ought to be one day - just one – when there is open season on Congressmen.
~Will Rogers~

Posts: 1132 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: 09 May 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Rusty,
I have made reservations at the Rehab center for you, I know how you like that single malt, but Judge G will be waiting for you there. Smiler

ENJOY

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 42176 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
And I'm not far behind! beer

JW