THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    Recent James Julia/Morphy auction
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Recent James Julia/Morphy auction
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted
Is it just me or are double rifle prices back on the increase. I bid on a couple of guns and was left in the dust. I thought there might be a few bargains but the better stuff sold well. Really amazed a rebored Lancaster(?) brought what it did. Oh well, it is actually good news for those that collect and shoot fine guns.

On the plains of hesitation lie the bleached bones of ten thousand, who on the dawn of victory lay down their weary heads resting, and there resting, died.

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!
- Rudyard Kipling

Life grows grim without senseless indulgence.

Posts: 7541 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: 30 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of custombolt
posted Hide Post
Doubles aside, I got the same inclination for the couple dozen premium rifles I was following on Julia's last auction.

Life itself is a gift. Live it up if you can.

Posts: 5182 | Location: Near Hershey PA | Registered: 12 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Maybe it was the auction. I bid on a couple of double shotguns well above estimate and was outbid quickly.

Posts: 84 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: 28 January 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of wesley timmerman
posted Hide Post
I was there in person and thought the double rifles all went way above what I was willing to pay. The same can be said for the Winchester model 21's,they all jumped quickly. As always the nice stuff stood above the rest but some of the reconditioned firearms brought above and beyond reasonable prices. All that said still managed to buy a fair number of items .Hate to see Julia's go away but have done business with Morphy's and hope they carry on Julia's tradition of customer service.

Posts: 677 | Location: south carolina | Registered: 08 December 2006Reply With Quote