New
Find
Notify
Tools

peep sight for Krieghoff
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
When I ordered my Classic, I requested the Recknagel swing off detachable scope mount, and a 3 leaf express setup. They came back and said they couldn't put the 3 leaf on, with the scope mount. Oh well, they were really on there for decoration anyway.
So, it got sent with the single leaf sight. Then it turned out, there were a couple of issues, had to go back to krieghoff.
So, I asked about installing a peep, something like the NECG/Recknagel CZ 550 or 527 sight.
They came up with it. Had to build a custom front sight for it, though. Asked them to dig in their bag of tricks, and see what they could come up with.
Here is the result (no, it ain't "pretty"),it has the potential to be quite versatile, in my opinion. It's not a DGR, just a 30R for playing with and using around here.

First try ever with photobucket;

http://i1285.photobucket.com/albums/a595/32-40win/IMG_1043_zps6fbd4c10.jpg

Krieghoff Classic 30R Blaser
Stevens 044-1/2 218 Bee
Ruger #1A 7-08
Rem 700 7-08
Tikka t3x lite 6.5 creedmo
Tikka TAC A1 6.5 creedmo
Win 1885 300H&H. 223Rem
Merkel K1 7 Rem mag
CCFR

Posts: 284 | Location: southern AB | Registered: 17 May 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hey, pretty cool! You might want to get a sight hood for the front....looks like it's prime for getting broken off.

Posts: 20165 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
There is a spare coming with it, will likely play with it, as to reinforcing it a bit. Should be pretty easy to do. Most likely, it won't be on there, most of the time, anyway. I want to experiment with Truglo pins maybe, and I will see if I can find some Tritium paint or something of that ilk, somewhere, to try on it.

Krieghoff Classic 30R Blaser
Stevens 044-1/2 218 Bee
Ruger #1A 7-08
Rem 700 7-08
Tikka t3x lite 6.5 creedmo
Tikka TAC A1 6.5 creedmo
Win 1885 300H&H. 223Rem
Merkel K1 7 Rem mag
CCFR

Posts: 284 | Location: southern AB | Registered: 17 May 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Looks interesting. I did manage to dremel down in the ghost ring sight (same as you have) and got low enough that i could use the existing front sight.... That front sight is way too tall and flimsy imo.

Posts: 446 | Location: Norway | Registered: 11 November 2011Reply With Quote