Find
Notify
Tools

Army and Navy .577-450
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
http://www.calpappas.com/2016/...577-450-bpe.html?m=1

I had the pleasure of shooting this rifle again yesterday. The pictures are terrible off of my iPhone from 2016, but it is for sure the most beautiful rifle I have ever had the honer of firing.

Army and Navy .577-450 BPE. The free info from the U of Glasgow states it was sold in the 1880’s, I can’t remember the exact year.

Paper patched cast bullets. Engraving worn, traces of case colors, and as tight as my 45 year old miroku shotgun. My intro to double rifles.

The owner of this rifle is an incredible gentleman, and graciously allowed my 15 year old son to shoot 10+ rounds.

An awful Lott like the best parts of this place.

Thank you Saeed for this forum.

Your guys are grumpy, but you mean well. There is an incredible amount of knowledge here, and I hate that in this day and age it is overlooked and may well be forgotten all to soon.

Cheers!

Colin

Posts: 1280 | Location: The Bluegrass State | Registered: 21 October 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
What a beautiful rifle that is!!

One of Us
Picture of Bill73
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Colin Masters:
http://www.calpappas.com/2016/...577-450-bpe.html?m=1

I had the pleasure of shooting this rifle again yesterday. The pictures are terrible off of my iPhone from 2016, but it is for sure the most beautiful rifle I have ever had the honer of firing.

Army and Navy .577-450 BPE. The free info from the U of Glasgow states it was sold in the 1880’s, I can’t remember the exact year.

Paper patched cast bullets. Engraving worn, traces of case colors, and as tight as my 45 year old miroku shotgun. My intro to double rifles.

The owner of this rifle is an incredible gentleman, and graciously allowed my 15 year old son to shoot 10+ rounds.

An awful Lott like the best parts of this place.9

Thank you Saeed for this fo

Your guys are grumpy, but you mean well. There is an incredible amount of knowledge here, and I hate that in this day and age it is overlooked and may well be forgotten all to soon.

Cheers!

Colin

Very nice,glad your son got to experience this gun,what load were you shooting?

DRSS

Posts: 2281 | Location: MI | Registered: 20 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
485? Grain cast bullet over black powder. I’ll find out the specific load.

Posts: 1280 | Location: The Bluegrass State | Registered: 21 October 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bill73
posted Hide Post
Thanks,Just wondering if it packs a good punch for hunting.

DRSS

Posts: 2281 | Location: MI | Registered: 20 March 2007Reply With Quote