THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    Chapuis Sling attachment question
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Chapuis Sling attachment question
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
When I first purchased my Chapuis 9,3x74R I attempted to remove the sling swivel under the barrel. As most of you know the screws on this rifle have very skinny slots. After destroying the screw slot I cut off the sling swivel.
Would like to use some detachable sling swivels but the stud holes are to small to accept a standard sling swivel and drilling them is my last option.

Where can I purchase some detachable sling swivels to fit the holes on the Chapuis?

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6638 | Location: Moving back to Alaska | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
My Chapuis is fitted with the standard US holes for the detachable swivels.

You rifle might have the European studs that are smaller in diameter.

Figure our what size the holes are [hint use drill bits] then call Aleko at Heritage Arms.

He has some [he did a while back] 1" swivels that fit the European sized holes.

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of zimbabwe
posted Hide Post
My Merkel 470 also had the European holes and NECG had swivels to fit. Same price as American size.

SCI Life Member
NRA Patron Life Member
DRSS

Posts: 2786 | Location: Green Valley,Az | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good tip! Just finished doing a search and found out NECG did have them and ordered a set.
Thanks guys

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6638 | Location: Moving back to Alaska | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote