THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    Looking For: Two .475 Swift 500 Grain Round Nose Bullets
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Looking For: Two .475 Swift 500 Grain Round Nose Bullets
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted
Trying to compare the difference in how the Swifts feed versus Woodleighs. The Swifts seem to have a little more taper at the point. If someone can spare a couple that I can load dummies with, that would be appreciated. Happy to swap for a couple of Woodies. Thanks.

Mike

Posts: 21719 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Now your talking Mike, they're a great soft point. By the way, they make them for the 500 also in 570g. Sorry I don't have any but someone will pipe up here.

"An individual with experience is never at the mercies of an individual with an argument"

Posts: 1827 | Location: Palmer AK & Prescott Valley AZ | Registered: 01 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
Thanks Dirk, someone replied on the Big Bore forum. Want to try them out in a .470 Capstick. The Woodleigh soft noses tend to hang up a little, I think the slimmer profile of the Swift will be the ticket.

Mike

Posts: 21719 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote