THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    What is the market like for classic English Double rifles
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What is the market like for classic English Double rifles
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have a nice collection coming in this week of really nice vintage doubles rifles.

Posts: 1090 | Location: Boulder mountains | Registered: 09 February 2024Reply With Quote
One Of Us
posted Hide Post
There is nothing like an old British double in a proper double caliber!!

If you buy a Chapuis, or a Krieghoff, you have a double, but it is like buying a Japanese Jeep!! It is what it is!!... and it will not hold value and will be hard to reseller in the future. Starter pieces!!

What do you want to be seen at the gun club with??

Further, the stock designs are not proper for the calibers... the non- Brits kick like HELL!!

It is interesting that Krieghoff has offered thier doubles to SCI CHAPTER fund raisers, VERY CHEAP, for years!!?? I think that is why you see many cheap ones on the aftermarket??!!

CheerZ,

470EDDY

Posts: 2666 | Location: The Other Washington | Registered: 24 March 2003Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Nothing wrong buying a Japanese jeep. It’s also called a Toyota.

Formally Bwana1.

One Of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Brec:
Nothing wrong buying a Japanese jeep. It’s also called a Toyota.

Bad analogy!! I shudda said like buying a Japanese Browning!!... the proper ones are Belgian and to compromise is a sin!!

Now, I would drive a Toyota before a Land Rover these days!!... but an old Land Rover DEFENDER gets alot more attention at the Sportsman Club than a Toyota... still very cool!!

470EDDY

Posts: 2666 | Location: The Other Washington | Registered: 24 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Japanese Browning

Are Miroku bad?

Posts: 47 | Location: zim | Registered: 01 October 2009Reply With Quote
One Of Us
posted Hide Post
They are all "Japanese copy" of fine Belgian and American guns!! I don't own any...

470EDDY

One Of Us
posted Hide Post
One of the reasons I think fine British Doubles are losing market value is due to the influence of the current, VERY GREEDY Auctions business??
If you haven't purchased an auction item lately, you will be shocked when you pay up at the end: 25-30% Buyer's Premium,custom packaging, shipping, insurance, and your home State sales tax...all added to your hammer price!!
Today this can easily hit 34-45% add on to the hammer price!!
So, consequently, auction bidders are stopping thier bids 30-40% short of thier desired prices!! Then the Brokers follow the auction market to get to current "Market Values!!"
A vicious circle, or falling leaf situation, along with the pressure of African Hunting, and importing hunters trophies back home!! This all is impacting the British Double Rifle interest and values!!

470EDDY

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I think more new doubles on the market and changing demographics are also influencing the price of British double rifles. I find it very odd that bolt guns and singles are so strong on the market and doubles are losing ground.

Posts: 1090 | Location: Boulder mountains | Registered: 09 February 2024Reply With Quote