Notify
Tools

SPR22 adjustment
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted
Guys with the Spartan .45-70:
Can you confirm for me which direction you turn the jackscrew and which way it moves the right barrel? Somewhere I saw clockwise/counterclockwise mentioned, but looking at the rifle from which side? I'm thinking it would make more sense to turn the jackscrew either toward the muzzles or toward the triggerguard.
Thanks.

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16392 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of prof242
posted Hide Post
Bill,
That clockwise/couterclockwise direction stuff came from the remington sheet (note small r). I can't help much since the jackscrew on mine did not work due to being broken.

.395 Family Member
DRSS, po' boy member
Political correctness is nothing but liberal enforced censorship

Posts: 3490 | Location: Colorado Springs, CO | Registered: 04 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Moving the jack screw towards the butt moves the point of impact from the right bbl to the right. At least that's how my 30-06 worked. My 45-70 is on it's way.

Posts: 32 | Location: Washington, USA | Registered: 03 June 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Mike: Many thanks for the advice. I will give it a go next time I get the SPR22 to the range.

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16392 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote