New
Find
Notify
Tools

Westley Richards
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Will not go into detail too muchn here as the critics are always out there but i had a great visit at Westley Richards this week. They are moving to a new location and so I probably am one of the last guys to see the old place. First of all, Simon Clode is as first class a guy as I ever met. He took me through the shop and not only showed me every operation but also had each gunsmith explain what they were doing. What a treat. Later, they were regulating a 470 for a customer and I actually got to fire off two shots at the target. Lots more interesting things there I saw but will leave that when and if I have a beer with any of you guys. He will have a grand opening of the new shop in a few months and I will let you know when and where in case there are any of you guys over there.

Larry

York, SC

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Larry, sounds like you had a grand time, I've always wanted to go through the shop but now because of the British Air issue with firearms I have not been going through Heathrow for the last nine years. If I am just visiting Scotland or England Westley Richards shop will be one of my first stops.

Dirk

"An individual with experience is never at the mercies of an individual with an argument"

Posts: 1827 | Location: Palmer AK & Prescott Valley AZ | Registered: 01 February 2005Reply With Quote
One Of Us
Picture of new_guy
posted Hide Post
What a treat Larry. What caliber did you order???

www.heymusa.com

HSC Booth # 306
SCI Booth # 3947

One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
Larry, Good for you... When I went in H&H they did not even have time to say hello...

Mike

Michael Podwika... DRSS bigbores and hunting www.pvt.co.za " MAKE THE SHOT " 450#2 Famars

Posts: 6767 | Location: Wyoming, Pa. USA | Registered: 17 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Chris, did not order a new one but he has quite a few used come through that he completely refurbs and sells. Got him looking for a very nice 450/400 as you know I have the Heym 500. A new "bespoke" WR will be around 70k without a lot of frills. Also, looking at some shotguns. Got to see the gun vault with some very special magazine and doubles for one of the royal families in middle east, forgot which one. Also, some guns he has bought back from Hank Williams Jr., Ross Perot, etc. Mike, if you are ever back in England I will set you up for a tour. They are in Birmingham of course and totally different than H&H. How many guys would actually let you help in shooting a gun for regulation?

Larry

York, SC

One of Us
posted Hide Post
This is really good to hear about WR! clap

Jack

OH GOD! {Seriously, we need the help.}

Posts: 2791 | Location: USA - East Coast | Registered: 10 December 2005Reply With Quote