THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    Anyone use the 570gr NF CPS on buff?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone use the 570gr NF CPS on buff?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I am thinking of using these on buff out of a 500NE.
[URL= ]570gr cps[/URL]
[URL= ]2[/URL]
If anyone one has used these on buff I would sure like to see a picture of what they looked like afterwards.
I do not think these require crimping.
I think they will cause a heavy shock.

Posts: 11651 | Location: Montreal | Registered: 07 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You wont like them-because Michael 458 recommends them highly

coffee

Posts: 6725 | Location: central Texas | Registered: 05 August 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
They'll wear out your bores in less than 50 rounds. They will also show very random grouping and poor accuracy if you shoot them off hand at 100 yards.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
yuck

Posts: 4214 | Location: Southern Colorado | Registered: 09 October 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Dave Bush
posted Hide Post
George:

What are you doing? You have been telling us forever that you hate monometals!

Dave
DRSS
Chapuis 9.3X74
Chapuis "Jungle" .375 FL
Krieghoff 500/.416 NE
Krieghoff 500 NE

"Git as close as y can laddie an then git ten yards closer"

"If the biggest, baddest animals on the planet are on the menu, and you'd rather pay a taxidermist than a mortician, consider the 500 NE as the last word in life insurance." Hornady Handbook of Cartridge Reloading (8th Edition).

Posts: 3728 | Location: Midwest | Registered: 26 November 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
These are not the brass type.Since I only plan on shooting very few out of my double I will consider using them.I think I might go with the NF, FPS and CPS as my 500NE choice.The TSX has left too much of a good impression on me from my 300WM as far as softs go.I compared the length of a NF solid with a Woodleigh and do not find that much of a difference too.As far as accuracy goes I am pretty sure that these can not be beat.

Posts: 11651 | Location: Montreal | Registered: 07 November 2002Reply With Quote