New
Find
Notify
Tools

finnclassic 512?
 Login/Join

posted
Hi all,
long time lurker first time poster. I was thinking about acquiring a FinnClassic 512. I really like the idea of the versatility it could give me in the field. Anyone have a reason I shouldn't buy this rifle/shotgun? Second question, anyone have experience with the double trigger module for this firearm? good/bad/ugly? Third question, Anyone have feed back on doublegunhq.com, as they look to be the best place to get them from.

thanks for the input,
mike

One of Us
Picture of 505ED
posted Hide Post
My good friend has one and I'll speak for him P.O.S., decent shotgun crappy double rifle!

Save up and get a Chapuis or a Heym over and under it will be money better spent.

Ed

DRSS Member

Posts: 2289 | Location: Texas | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Well, I'm going to disagree with my good friend 505ED! I have the gun in question with 3 barrel sets: 12 ga. O/U, 12 ga over 7x57R, and 9.3x74 O/U. I also have Q/D mounts. I have never used the 12 ga O/U (shotgun) set, but I have used the other two. I love the gun! The 9.3x74R is sweet!
Peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10515 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
as a full time factory worker part time collage student with a family, it looked like a really good entry level DR without going to the remmington in 45/70. 9.3x74r looks like a better all around cartridge. Do you have the double trigger module? and did you buy it from doublegunhq?

one of us
posted Hide Post
I will have to look! The gun is in the safe! I got it from Gun Broker I believe. DoublegunHQ is OK. I think that is Wendell Reich's outfit. He posts here. They were more expensive than what I paid for mine, which was used. Keep your eyes open on this forum and on "Combination Guns" below. If you search in Combination Guns you will get lots of hits for this and it's "twin", the Valmet.
Peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10515 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have had the Valmet 412 and also 512 off/on for 15 years. Also a Valmet trap gun. Loved all of them. Had 30/06 0ver 30/06; 9.3x74 over 9.3x74; the 12 gauge barrels, the 20 gauge barrels, and a 12 ga over .223. They are one of my favorite guns--and I have several other sxs.
Get one, they are great working firearms. Good luck & have fun!

Jerry Meyers Expeditions
254 Fourth of July Cr.
North Fork, ID 83466
(208) 865-2449
hunts4u@centurytel.net

Posts: 219 | Location: North Fork, ID | Registered: 24 May 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Welcome to posting on the board. As a lurker you know it is a combination of the knowledgeable and the opinionated that sometimes overlap...

DoublegunHQ is Russ Gould. I've hunted with him; dealt with him; and read his sometimes controversial posts here. I'd deal with him again, hunt with him again and find him a generally good if occasionally curmudgeonly fellow.

Regards

Posts: 1322 | Location: Washington, DC | Registered: 17 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Tim, thanks for correcting me! I hope neither Russ not Wendell are offended by my error.
Peter.