THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    K-Gun .470 removing balancing weight in stock?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

K-Gun .470 removing balancing weight in stock?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I am thinking about getting as much weight off my .470 as possible. Have anyone tried removing the weight (balancing) in the stock? I believe i can get off half a pound or so by doing that. Alternatively replacing it with a lighter one.
If i can get the weight down to around 9.5 pounds I would be satesfied. Recoil is not a problem anyway.

Posts: 446 | Location: Norway | Registered: 11 November 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
MIne has a screw hole in it so you just remove the butt pad and if it doesn't fall out, screw a bolt into it and pull it out. I don't remember the thread size. 1/4x20 maybe.

Posts: 17284 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
Tell us if that worked or not.

Posts: 17284 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Why mess up the handling and balance on your double? That is what you by a double for. Why not cut 6 inches off the barrels while you are at it that will make it lighter.
Bill

Member DSC,DRSS,NRA,TSRA
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
-Mark Twain
There ought to be one day - just one – when there is open season on Congressmen.
~Will Rogers~

Posts: 1132 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: 09 May 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
There is a difference between Balance between the hands and counterweights. But I get ur point...

Posts: 446 | Location: Norway | Registered: 11 November 2011Reply With Quote