New
Find
Notify
Tools

Goofy engraving question
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
On my Searcy 450 Field grade there are noticeable lines where the barrels were joined to the action.

Would it hurt anything to have some light engraving circling the entire way around the barrels to cover these lines up?

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6644 | Location: Wasilla, Alaska | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Mike Brooks
posted Hide Post
It won't hurt a thing. IIRC Bob White out in the valley is one heck of a scratcher already and is very close.

NRA Life
ASSRA Life
DRSS

Today's Quote:
Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a free cell phone with free monthly minutes, food stamps, section 8 housing, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.

Posts: 4096 | Location: Cherkasy Ukraine  | Registered: 19 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Many double shotguns are engraved where the barrels join the lump. That line just begs to be engraved.

Mike Ryan - Gunsmith

Posts: 352 | Location: Michigan, USA | Registered: 31 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
These are barrels made up on a monobloc I take it? In which case it is pretty much common practice by Beretta here in Europe to do just that - engrave all around - to COVER the join.

I wouldn't say HIDE as, of course, by doing the engraving you make it more obvious as to the fact that your barrels are made on a monobloc!

Will it hurt (in terms of is it dangerous or affect the accuracy or function of the gun)? No it won't hurt any. Except your pocket!

If it something you want to do then do it. It is a perfectly safe and, as said re Beretta, quite widespread practice.

Posts: 6821 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: 18 November 2007Reply With Quote