New
Find
Notify
Tools

Searcy 577 Field Grade
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Received my 577 Field Grade from Butch and am very pleased with the rifle. Can't wait the get some ammo loaded and take it out. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all.

Posts: 295 | Location: Missouri | Registered: 22 May 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
SWEET......Butch makes some fine hardware. Let us know how she "caresses" you at the range. Also curious about Butch's regulation load for a 577.

Thanks.

Gary
DRSS
NRA Lifer
SCI
DSC

Posts: 1970 | Location: NE Georgia, USA | Registered: 21 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
butch is apparently regulating his .577's at 120 grains of RL-15. At least thats what he did with mine. This obviously calculates to the origional cordite load of 100gr.
koboko

One of Us
Picture of Nemo .450
posted Hide Post
Beautifull rifle! what are the specs? Bbl length and overall weight especially.

Also, is the price of the Field Grade the same with color case hardend action? Is there a price change for the Field Grade in .577? I'm assuming there is.

Again, beautifull rifle. Congratulations!

------------------------------------------------------------------------

He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him. -- John 3:36

http://www.accurateinnovations.com - http://aigunstocks.com/home-2/

NRA Life Member
DSC
SCI
DRSS - STILL waiting on MY "Taksdale" .450NE or a refund... coffee

"Young knight, learn to love God and revere women, so that your honour grows. Practice knighthood and learn the Art that dignifies you, and brings you honour in wars." (Johannes Liechtenauer, 14th century)

Posts: 279 | Location: North-East Georgia | Registered: 12 November 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
butch is apparently regulating his .577's at 120 grains of RL-15

K....does that require a filler?

Thanks..

Gary
DRSS
NRA Lifer
SCI(for a little longer)
DSC

Posts: 1970 | Location: NE Georgia, USA | Registered: 21 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Your Searcy is a very pretty gun. Have fun with it! I use 120 grs of RL-15 in my 577 Verney Carron and it shoots really well. This is with a 750 grain bullet. I use 28 ga. fiber wads or foam for filler. Anything from 107 grs to 122 grs of RL-15 seems to regulate in my gun.

Sam

Posts: 2830 | Location: NC | Registered: 08 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of CCMDoc
posted Hide Post
Very very nice! beer

Beautiful and built by a man we know and trust to do it right the first time and to fix it when we screw it up. BOOM

Enjoy it and keep the photos coming - particularly those of targets which suffer it's wrath.

NRA Lifer; DSC Lifer; SCI member; DRSS; AR member since November 9 2003

Don't Save the best for last, the smile for later or the "Thanks" for tomorow

Posts: 3460 | Location: In the Shadow of Griffin&Howe | Registered: 24 November 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 577NitroExpress
posted Hide Post
I have a .577 NE DR from Butch and can attest that it is a damn fine rifle.

577NitroExpress
Double Rifle Shooters Society
Francotte .470 Nitro Express

If stupidity hurt, a lot of people would be walking around screaming...

Posts: 2789 | Location: Bucks County, Pennsylvania | Registered: 08 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Dang that's a good looking rifle!!

DRSS

Posts: 1151 | Location: Pamplico, SC USA | Registered: 24 August 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Congratulations!

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!
DRSS, NRA & SCI Life Member

"I am rejoiced at my fate. Do not be uneasy about me, for I am with my friends."
----- David Crockett in his last letter (to his children), January 9th, 1836
"I will never forsake Texas and her cause. I am her son." ----- Jose Antonio Navarro, from Mexican Prison in 1841
"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson
Declaration of Arbroath April 6, 1320-“. . .It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.”

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Brain1
posted Hide Post
Drool, Drool, Drool, Slober, Slober.\
Nice gun.

You can borrow money, but you can't borrow time. Don't wait, go now.
Savannah Safaris Namibia
Otjitambi Trails & Safaris
DRSS
NRA
SCI
DSC
TSRA
TMPA

Posts: 1236 | Location: Bridgeport, Tx | Registered: 20 May 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the comments, it did turn out nice. Butch sent me the regulation load and it is 750 Woodleigh over 120 gr. of RL 15 with a wad. Fed. 215 primer. The weight came in at 13.5 lbs. and the barrels were 26 inches. Now I just need to get it to the range.

One of Us
Picture of CCMDoc
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ozark hunter:
Thanks for the comments, it did turn out nice. Butch sent me the regulation load and it is 750 Woodleigh over 120 gr. of RL 15 with a wad. Fed. 215 primer. The weight came in at 13.5 lbs. and the barrels were 26 inches. Now I just need to get it to the range.

That beaut will be the Hammer of Thor on any critter that has the misfortune to find it's way to your sights tu2

NRA Lifer; DSC Lifer; SCI member; DRSS; AR member since November 9 2003

Don't Save the best for last, the smile for later or the "Thanks" for tomorow

Posts: 3460 | Location: In the Shadow of Griffin&Howe | Registered: 24 November 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
26" barrels...YOU DA MAN !

Posts: 20085 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
patriot

DRSS: HQ Scandinavia. Chapters in Sweden & Norway

Posts: 2805 | Location: Denmark | Registered: 09 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Very nice, even as big a rifle as it is, everything in proportion and looks elegant. Exquisite power!

It's got to make your nostrils flare a bit.

Bailey Bradshaw

www.bradshawgunandrifle.com

I'm in the gun buildin bidness, and cousin....bidness is a boomin

Posts: 568 | Location: Diana, TX | Registered: 10 January 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That's a good looking rifle!! Congratulations!
Bill

Member DSC,DRSS,NRA,TSRA
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
-Mark Twain
There ought to be one day - just one – when there is open season on Congressmen.
~Will Rogers~

Posts: 1132 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: 09 May 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
How much above the basic Field Grade price does it cost for the 577 option?

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6601 | Location: Moving back to Alaska | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ROSCOE
posted Hide Post
Butch ran a special a few months ago on the 577NE only. I think he offered it for $15K (a search will confirm). I was very tempted! I dont think I am man enough to own a 577 though.

R. Lee Ermey: "The deadliest weapon in the world is a Marine and his rifle."
We're going to be "gifted" with a health care plan we are forced to purchase and fined if we don't, Which purportedly covers at least ten million more people, without adding a single new doctor, but provides for 16,000 new IRS agents, written by a committee whose chairman says he doesn't understand it, passed by a Congress that didn't read it but exempted themselves from it, and signed by a President, with funding administered by a treasury chief who didn't pay his taxes, for which we'll be taxed for four years before any benefits take effect, by a government which has already bankrupted Social Security and Medicare, all to be overseen by a surgeon general who is obese, and financed by a country that's broke!!!!! 'What the hell could possibly go wrong?'

Posts: 2122 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mine was ordered through that limited run Butch did. Delivery was very quick.

one of us
Picture of ROSCOE
posted Hide Post
You did well!

R. Lee Ermey: "The deadliest weapon in the world is a Marine and his rifle."
We're going to be "gifted" with a health care plan we are forced to purchase and fined if we don't, Which purportedly covers at least ten million more people, without adding a single new doctor, but provides for 16,000 new IRS agents, written by a committee whose chairman says he doesn't understand it, passed by a Congress that didn't read it but exempted themselves from it, and signed by a President, with funding administered by a treasury chief who didn't pay his taxes, for which we'll be taxed for four years before any benefits take effect, by a government which has already bankrupted Social Security and Medicare, all to be overseen by a surgeon general who is obese, and financed by a country that's broke!!!!! 'What the hell could possibly go wrong?'

Posts: 2122 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Anywhere near $15K for that rifle and you should be incarcerated for thievery!!!!

Gary
DRSS
NRA Lifer
SCI
DSC

One of Us
Picture of Nemo .450
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GarBy:
Anywhere near $15K for that rifle and you should be incarcerated for thievery!!!!

Gary
DRSS
NRA Lifer
SCI
DSC

shocker.....

yuck

------------------------------------------------------------------------

He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him. -- John 3:36

http://www.accurateinnovations.com - http://aigunstocks.com/home-2/

NRA Life Member
DSC
SCI
DRSS - STILL waiting on MY "Taksdale" .450NE or a refund... coffee

"Young knight, learn to love God and revere women, so that your honour grows. Practice knighthood and learn the Art that dignifies you, and brings you honour in wars." (Johannes Liechtenauer, 14th century)

Posts: 279 | Location: North-East Georgia | Registered: 12 November 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of PD999
posted Hide Post
Great rifle; enjoy!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition” ― Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 1231 | Location: London, UK | Registered: 02 April 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Every time I look at this rifle I like it more. Reminds me of one of the first doubles I ever saw and or handled. It was a Rigby boxlock 470 made in either 1907 or 1911. Has that all business look to it.

DRSS

Posts: 1151 | Location: Pamplico, SC USA | Registered: 24 August 2005Reply With Quote