Find
Notify
Tools

Just got my Chapuis
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of aholz
posted
Well, I've just brought it home! All the transaction through Kebco (One of us) went nice and smooth. It was a pleasure to deal with that gentleman! I just cannot wait till Saturday to take it to the range. It fills like a baby in your hands and I want to hug it. It is so tiny! Thanks, Ken!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Congratulations. You are now ruined. Like hunting in Africa or fishing the far north, getting a double rifle changes the way you see the world. I remember the feeling! Ain't it great.
Blfy

Work hard and be nice, you never have enough time or friends.

Posts: 1195 | Location: Lake Nice, VA | Registered: 15 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Congratulations. Hope you like yours as much I as I like mine. Be sure to hold to "Baby" She does have a sharp kick.

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!
DRSS, NRA & SCI Life Member

"I am rejoiced at my fate. Do not be uneasy about me, for I am with my friends."
----- David Crockett in his last letter (to his children), January 9th, 1836
"I will never forsake Texas and her cause. I am her son." ----- Jose Antonio Navarro, from Mexican Prison in 1841
"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson
Declaration of Arbroath April 6, 1320-“. . .It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.”

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I need to stay away from Ken. Every time I talk to him I start planning my next score. He's kinda like my drug dealer, but man the dope is good!

Seriously, just got my second Chapuis 9.3 from Ken on Wednesday. Took it to the range today and it's a tack driver. Like I expected different? This is my 2nd Chapuis 9.3 I've gotten from Ken so this one is a replacement for the 1st one I got. I had sold that one thinking I could live with the one 470 double. Yeah right! In the meantime I tried to keep filling the gap with bolt guns. They're all going bye bye. I'm hooked on doubles. Now I'm angling for my next one, a small bore.

Transactions with Kebco always go well. You couldn't ask for more.

Posts: 1083 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 05 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
By all accounts I've heard,

www.kebcollc.com is good for us!

Jack

OH GOD! {Seriously, we need the help.}

Posts: 2791 | Location: USA - East Coast | Registered: 10 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of aholz
posted Hide Post
Today I did some test shooting with my new Chapuis. At 50m with iron sights off hand and off tripod standing position the groping is about 3" (10 rounds,3 bulleyes). At 100m - grouping is 6" off hand and with tripod. Well, my eyes aren't so good as they use to be. I have to use +1.5 reading glasses to see the rear sight and with this setup I do not see the target clearly. Probably a low power scope would be a solution. Overall I am very pleased with the gun performance. And the recoil is not bad at all comparing to my 338 RUM. I love this gun! Smiler

one of us
posted Hide Post
Don't give up on your iron sights. I shoot my doubles wearing bifocals with +1.25 correction for distance and that is the part of the bifocals that I see the sights through. Key is to line the sights up consistently and that takes much, much practice, starting from the bench. Be sure that you hold the barrels in your off hand. You first want to give yourself confidence that the composite group is as good as the gun can shoot and that you know what it is. Then you work on your shooting offhand or kneeling or whatever.

Both my 500/450 and .350 Rigby No. 2 give an inch or inch and a half group at 50 yards and a three inch composite group (both barrels) from the bench (or from sticks) at 100 yards. Offhand I have shot minute of gemsbok up to 135 yards, but prefer closer shots if terrain permits.

Regards

Posts: 1322 | Location: Washington, DC | Registered: 17 March 2003Reply With Quote