THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    Jamison 450 #2 Brass Available
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Jamison 450 #2 Brass Available
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
For those that have been looking for 450 #2 brass, Jamison now has it available. I just received my order for 420 pieces - looks like very nice brass. I have not loaded it or fired any of it yet, but the dimensions are good and it fits nicely in my chambers.

The retail price is $3.84 each (yeah, that's a lot higher than we all had hoped and more expensive than the 450-3 1/4", but it's available). That comes to $76.80/20 - it's expensive, but still cheaper than other options.

Ellis450

Posts: 45 | Location: United States | Registered: 15 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
Ellis, that brass is the 450 3 1/4" and not the 450#2 which is 3.5 in. A rimmed case and straight wall...

Mike

Michael Podwika... DRSS bigbores and hunting www.pvt.co.za " MAKE THE SHOT " 450#2 Famars

Posts: 6768 | Location: Wyoming, Pa. USA | Registered: 17 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
No, it is 450 #2! Bottle neck case, 3.5" long, and .74" thick rim. I have built several 450-3/14" (3.25" straight taper case, and .040" rim) NE double rifles and have a lot of that brass as well. This IS 450 #2! I know what I am talking about.

Ellis450

one of us
Picture of Will
posted Hide Post
so when you guys get this straightened out, tell us where it is for sale.

-------------------------------
Will Stewart / Once you've been amongst them, there is no such thing as too much gun.
---------------------------------------
and, God Bless John Wayne.

NRA Benefactor Member, GOA, N.A.G.R.

"Elephant and Elephant Guns" $99 shipped
“Hunting Africa's Dangerous Game" $20 shipped.

red.dirt.elephant@gmail.com

Hoping to wind up where elephant hunters go.

Posts: 19369 | Location: Ocala Flats | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Mike Brooks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ellis: I know what I am talking about.

Just a wild arsed guess but does your last name start with a B??? And you've written a book?

NRA Life
ASSRA Life
DRSS

Today's Quote:
Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a free cell phone with free monthly minutes, food stamps, section 8 housing, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.

Posts: 4096 | Location: Cherkasy Ukraine  | Registered: 19 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I ordered my 450 #2 directly from Jamison. I have been in communication with them for over a year about this brass and they sent me 3 prototype pieces of brass to check out for them - they measured and looked great. As far as I know, we received the first 450 #2 off the press. I think they said they were doing a production run of 10,000 pieces, but don't quote that as gospel truth.

I think Jamison (Jamison International, Sturgis, SD; 605-347-5090; I spoke with Kathy) will sell to retail customers, but I am not sure. Otherwise Huntinton's in California said they were going to carry it. Possibly Midway will carry it, as well.

Mike - guilty as charged......

Ellis450

One of Us
Picture of Mike Brooks
posted Hide Post
Thank you for the book!. It's an interesting read and I'm not even a machineist or builder.

NRA Life
ASSRA Life
DRSS

Today's Quote:
Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a free cell phone with free monthly minutes, food stamps, section 8 housing, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.

Posts: 4096 | Location: Cherkasy Ukraine  | Registered: 19 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Yes they sell retail and some of the brass is the same as other places....and some is a touch higher.

Gary
DRSS
NRA lifer
SCI
DSC

Posts: 1970 | Location: NE Georgia, USA | Registered: 21 March 2002Reply With Quote