THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    CEB Non-con load for 9.3x74R
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

CEB Non-con load for 9.3x74R
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Greetings DRSSers,
I recently bought a Searcy double in 9.3x74R. It is well regulated with factory Hornady loads,so far it will shoot 1 1/4 inch groups at 100 yards scoped from the bench. I have been trying to find an accurate load with the 255 grain CEB. I have used loads listed in the Nosler manual for their 250 grain AB, they have all shot low and wide spread. I have no experience loading for a double, can you offer some help? Thanks, David

Posts: 41 | Location: Kansas | Registered: 09 January 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
My load is from the Barnes #4 manual with the CEB Non-Cons. I'm using IMR 4064, 53 grains. That's from the 286gr bullet data as the Non-Con should be loaded with the heavier "solid" data.

If your loads are split wide, you need to speed up the velocity. If they are crossing, you need to slow them down. Just some basics for you.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for your help. I don't have any IMR 4064 but it looks like I have a couple of other options, including just backing down the H 4350 a few grains.
David

One of Us
posted Hide Post
David:

Have you tried RL-15, I got some of the best results with it in my 9.3x74R, with Nosler 250 ACB and 61gr (max load approach with caution) I never though tried it with the CEB.

Best regards

Malek
Good shooting/hunting and God's best.

Best regards

Malek
Good Hunting/Shooting and God's best.

Posts: 812 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: 25 December 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Malek,
I intend to give it a try as soon as I can find some!
Thanks,
David