New
Find
Notify
Tools

My first doublle rifle
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I just got my first double rifle. It is a new finn classic 512 in 12 ga, with a double barrel set in 9.3x74 . It came with double triggers.
I wanted a 470 merkel but just could not get there yet. This 512 is a much better looking rifle than the old valmonts. The mid rib finishes it out real nice. The wood is much better than the old 412's, and the satin finish is just what I like on a hunting piece. Russ Gould answered a 100 questions for me and I gave him the order on friday and told Him I need it today. It was here on time, the rifle is just what Russ said it would be. Its nice doing business with someone who will keep there word and not BS you. I will shoot ducks with it sat am and maybe a nice boar that evening

jd

DRSS
9.3X74 tika 512
9.3X74 SXS
Merkel 140 in 470 Nitro

one of us
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the club. I'd warn you but it's too late now. You know of course that these things are REALLY addictive jumping

Have fun...

DRSS member

Constant change is here to stay.

Posts: 626 | Location: The soggy side of Washington State | Registered: 13 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Outstanding!

You have a double double - a double rifle and a double barreled shotgun on the same receiver.

And just look at it this way - anything a 375 H&H can do, the 9.3 X 74 can do, with much more style!

And kudos to Mr. Gould.

SCI Life Member
DSC Life Member

Posts: 2018 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 20 May 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the DRSS and congratulations on your new rifle!

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!
DRSS, NRA & SCI Life Member

"I am rejoiced at my fate. Do not be uneasy about me, for I am with my friends."
----- David Crockett in his last letter (to his children), January 9th, 1836
"I will never forsake Texas and her cause. I am her son." ----- Jose Antonio Navarro, from Mexican Prison in 1841
"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson
Declaration of Arbroath April 6, 1320-“. . .It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.”

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
JD , now all you have to do is add the DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTER'S SOCIETY to your signature line!

Another double rifle shooter is on board, looks like the membership is grownig!

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Brain1
posted Hide Post
JD
You are screwed for sure now. After you have actually hunted with your new gun the only way you will be able to top the experience is with a more expensive double. I'm sorry that we tricked you into joining us but we need a new member to argue with. These things are way better than drugs and most women. the only thing that may come close is a good dog.
Brain1

You can borrow money, but you can't borrow time. Don't wait, go now.
Savannah Safaris Namibia
Otjitambi Trails & Safaris
DRSS
NRA
SCI
DSC
TSRA
TMPA

Posts: 1257 | Location: Bridgeport, Tx | Registered: 20 May 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You're a gonner J D, just face it. Wink thumb

Jack

OH GOD! {Seriously, we need the help.}

Posts: 2791 | Location: USA - East Coast | Registered: 10 December 2005Reply With Quote