New
Find
Notify
Tools

Disregard - Bullet ID'd
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I picked up a box of Kynoch (KYNAMCO) 470 solids that have an exposed tip, visible lead, and also has a band above the cannelure. Bullet has a short ogive with a cutting shoulder(?). What bullet is this?

Posts: 1083 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 05 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sounds like somebody's handloads put up in a Kynoch box. To my knowledge, David only uses Woodleighs in .470. No solid will have exposed lead at the nose.
-----------------------------------------------
"Serious rifles have two barrels, everything else just burns gunpowder."

Posts: 1742 | Location: Texas | Registered: 10 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I should state that they were free, came with a gun, so now loss. A round weighs 4 grains less than a factory Norma SP loaded round.

I've been thru some material and so far I can't ID the bullet.

Posts: 1083 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 05 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I should also state that I'm a fuckin' moron. This is Federal brass not to mention the brain fade that led me to think any solid extant had any kind of exposed lead in the nose.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
SHOWBART,

You just gave me a good laugh with that last post.

God knows if we can't laugh at ourselves we are truly lost. rotflmo

Jack

OH GOD! {Seriously, we need the help.}

Posts: 2791 | Location: USA - East Coast | Registered: 10 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Showbart

But now the question is "What kind of bullets are they?"

Pull one and look at the base.

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'll post a pic. There's only five rounds, practice ammo I guess.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well some excuse for the confusion, seeing as this is still a live post. It's a regular Kynoch 5 rnd box and when I first pulled one out it was solid and was never sure if Kynoch was ever nickel plated or not, but of course the FC stamp id'd all of them. The SPs are Speer Trophy Bonded Bear Claws, I'd never seen one. Pic is from Midway. Pretty impressive bullet. Solids look to be Woodleighs. I'll know once I get my first box from Huntington's.