THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    My New A.W Wolf shul 9.3x74R
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My New A.W Wolf shul 9.3x74R
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Nitro_Andreas
posted
Just bought my second double rifle. Sold my first krieghoff 500NE due too i have small children i dont see my self going on any african safari soon hehe, and IT was sadly Just sitting There in the Gun Closet.

The "New" Gun is an A.W Wolf suhl S/S modell 4 in 9.3X74r

Quick info about the Gun

IT has a zeiss scope and claw Mount.

IT has a 65cm / 25.59" Long barrel

IT regulated With 293 grain Tug.

Selektiv ejector

Anson & deeley With greener locking

Jagd engraving With wild boar.

IT was completed 19/5-1992

Has been in a Gun safe since 1997 in germany because the ovner died,
And the children did not touch the Gun, but gave IT to There uncle in norway spring 2015. But he needed money and sold IT to me =) Nice to Know the Gun history.

[IMG:top] [/IMG]

Safari guns:
Ruger No 1 458lott
A.W wolf 9.3x74R
Røssler 9.3x62
krieghoff 500NE *sold*

Posts: 39 | Location: Norway | Registered: 13 July 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nice looking gun. Next picture should be of the gun & elg or moose depending on where you sit.
Congrats

Ken

DRSS, PP Chapter
Life NRA
Life SCI
Life DSC

Posts: 1329 | Location: PA | Registered: 06 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of rnovi
posted Hide Post
Nice! How does it shoot?

Regards,

Robert

H4350! It stays crunchy in milk longer!

Posts: 2319 | Location: Greater Nashville, TN | Registered: 23 June 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Nitro_Andreas
posted Hide Post
The rifle is regulated very Well.
RWS 293gr TUG named Uni Classic today or another option is 293gr TUG from Brenneke. Geco Plus bondede 255gr also has around same point of arm, and lapua 285gr. Are the ones i was suplied With

IT seems like the rifle eats everything =)

So What i want to shot and try With is Winchester super X 286grain and Rino 300grain. (cheap)

Im think IT is because IT has a good lenght on the barrel IT shot Well

I dont bother With hand loading, Only shot factory. I hate reoading

Will Come With a report of the ammo i Just bought later.

Safari guns:
Ruger No 1 458lott
A.W wolf 9.3x74R
Røssler 9.3x62
krieghoff 500NE *sold*

One of Us
Picture of ozhunter
posted Hide Post
Classy rifle that will work in Australia or Africa just as well as in Norway tu2

Posts: 5886 | Location: Sydney,Australia  | Registered: 03 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Very nice rifle. Congratulations!

Now go kill something with it.

Posts: 4214 | Location: Southern Colorado | Registered: 09 October 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
I like it.

Posts: 17291 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Charlie64
posted Hide Post
Congratulations and great looking Wolf double.

I have one in 8x57!

Good looking Wood as well!

Thanks for sharing.

Charlie

Ps You'll have to Change your signature now to "Used to own a 500 NE!"

"Up the ladders and down the snakes!"

Posts: 2327 | Location: South Africa & Europe | Registered: 10 February 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Gratulerer Smiler

Posts: 446 | Location: Norway | Registered: 11 November 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Has been in a Gun safe since 1997 in germany because the ovner died, And the children did not touch the Gun

I see the anti freedom types are strong over there also.

The free world is raising a bunch of wimps.

Nice rifle by the way

Posts: 19617 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Has been in a Gun safe since 1997 in germany because the ovner died, And the children did not touch the Gun

I see the anti freedom types are strong over there also.

A bit strong perhaps, p dog? I am going through a process of selling the guns I rarely use, precisely because my wife would not know what to do with them, not because she is "an anti freedom type"! Whenever we have a garage sale we get several guys wanting to know whether we "have any old guns for sale"! She would get pennies on the dollar if she sold them just to get rid of them, and no, she does not know any of the honest folks of AR who would willingly give a fair price for them!!! I don't like seeing ads on AR saying "selling for a friend who died", or "estate sale" etc. so I am trying to plan ahead!
Peter

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10515 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Nakihunter
posted Hide Post
Nice gun Smiler

"When the wind stops....start rowing. When the wind starts, get the sail up quick."

Posts: 11253 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 02 July 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
A bit strong perhaps, p dog?

Too many stories on how the anti gun, mentality has infected many around the world.

One finds many guns turns them over to police why?

http://gunwatch.blogspot.com/2...tols-ammunition.html

Posts: 19617 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Grenadier
posted Hide Post
I was not aware of the maker A.W Wolf. It looks like a very nice find, especially since it shoots so well.

Posts: 10900 | Location: North of the Columbia | Registered: 28 April 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Nitro_Andreas
posted Hide Post

Im very happy and proud of the gun!! much more details then my krieghoff 500NE ejector with big game ingraving had. so much more soul in this one. and i love the sound it makes when open and close hehe. And brand new this rifle cost much more aswell.

its Ann A.W Wolf shul Model 4 IE. they still produce that model. the company started 1908 but i think after the war i think the company had some issus. but his grand daughter took over the company inn 1990 and the rifle was produced 19.05.1992. and she was the one who answered my e-mail
and told my about my rifle =)

they are located in shul Germany.

Safari guns:
Ruger No 1 458lott
A.W wolf 9.3x74R
Røssler 9.3x62
krieghoff 500NE *sold*

One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Congratulations! Beautiful rifle!

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!
DRSS, NRA & SCI Life Member

"I am rejoiced at my fate. Do not be uneasy about me, for I am with my friends."
----- David Crockett in his last letter (to his children), January 9th, 1836
"I will never forsake Texas and her cause. I am her son." ----- Jose Antonio Navarro, from Mexican Prison in 1841
"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson
Declaration of Arbroath April 6, 1320-“. . .It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.”

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cal pappas
posted Hide Post
I like the small cheekpiece. Nice wood and side clips are nice. Nice rifle in a great caliber.
Congratulations.
Cal

Cal Pappas, Willow, Alaska
www.CalPappas.com
www.CalPappas.blogspot.com
1994 Zimbabwe
1997 Zimbabwe
1998 Zimbabwe
1999 Zimbabwe
1999 Namibia, Botswana, Zambia--vacation
2000 Australia
2002 South Africa
2003 South Africa
2003 Zimbabwe
2005 South Africa
2005 Zimbabwe
2006 Tanzania
2006 Zimbabwe--vacation
2007 Zimbabwe--vacation
2008 Zimbabwe
2012 Australia
2013 South Africa
2013 Zimbabwe
2013 Australia
2016 Zimbabwe
2017 Zimbabwe
2018 South Africa
2018 Zimbabwe--vacation
2019 South Africa
2019 Botswana
2019 Zimbabwe vacation
2021 South Africa
2021 South Africa (2nd hunt a month later)

Posts: 7281 | Location: Willow, Alaska | Registered: 29 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Charlie64
posted Hide Post

Wolf was a manufacturer for Merkel for many years and pre the fall of the Iron Curtain 1989 he manufactured a few solo doubles. Post Unification more.

Essentially a Merkel double but with Wolf engraving and stocked typically with better off the shelf blanks.

Quite a bit of DDR / German history wrapped up in a great double !

Charlie

And how does it shoot / Group ?

"Up the ladders and down the snakes!"

Posts: 2327 | Location: South Africa & Europe | Registered: 10 February 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Nitro_Andreas
posted Hide Post
Well this does not have automatic safety like the small merkels have. Manual safety =) very pleased about That
+ merkels dont have 65cm Long barrels...
Fired 10 shots today. Goes very Well.
Even With my terrible shooting i had today. I needs some practice With it. I shot 293 RWS Tug and 255 RWS geco. Same point of aim =) Im waiting for a 20ammo of Winchester super-X 286. Hope it like it. Planning on use Gun when "hunting Field competition" starts in januar. Shooting different animal card board from ranges from 50-200m. That Will be a good bounding experience and practice.

Safari guns:
Ruger No 1 458lott
A.W wolf 9.3x74R
Røssler 9.3x62
krieghoff 500NE *sold*

One of Us
posted Hide Post
You are going to shoot factory 9,3x74R for "jaktfelt" competitions? That means quite a lot of shooting. Sounds ridiculously expensive... I haven't found any reasonably priced ammo, and consequently haven't shot factory ammo at all the last years.

I believe I live pretty close to you in Norway, and I do reload for my 9,3x74R. Send me a PM in case you are interested in some cooperation.

Posts: 43 | Location: Norway | Registered: 27 December 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Nitro_Andreas
posted Hide Post
Well i dont shot with the most expensive ammo there is. winchester super-x is very affordable. around 70euro for 20shots. i use it for 308 and 9.3x62.
don`t need premium bullets when shooting 9.3mm bullet on game in norway. the bullets allways just travel right through them anyway hehe.

its only 25 shot divided on 5 targets. and i hate reloading hehe.

Safari guns:
Ruger No 1 458lott
A.W wolf 9.3x74R
Røssler 9.3x62
krieghoff 500NE *sold*