THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    Where Can I Find Hook Sling Swivels?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Where Can I Find Hook Sling Swivels?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I need two for my double. It has the eyes installed. Thanks, MH

Posts: 107 | Location: Blue Ridge, Va | Registered: 10 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ozhunter
posted Hide Post
Cant help you with hooks, but www.jeffsoutfitters.com sell the proper leather thong ones.
Have been told the hooks are not designed for use against metal and will scratch the barrels.

Posts: 5886 | Location: Sydney,Australia  | Registered: 03 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Akshooter
posted Hide Post
On mine I turned a bolt down to fit inside of the metal loop then drilled a hole through it for a qd sling swivel. that was on the barrel. on the buttstock I replaced it with a new swivel stud that fit the Uncle Mikes type QD swivels but was built to look like the old british loop.

DRSS
NRA life
AK Master Guide 124

Posts: 1562 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 05 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
moodyholler,
I got mine at www.dixiegunworks.com
They are $39.95/pair. Well made and the bluing is good...had a little corrosion inside the swivel part....don't think they have sold many in the last 50 years. I soaked mine for a day in WD-40, and they came out great! I used a sling from Trader Keith's.

As far as scratching the barrel...cut out a 1.5" circle, from heavy leather...cut a slot in the center...place it over the stud...and attach your sling hook Wink. When stalking, place sling and leather discs in your pocket Cool.
Hope this helps, ND Smiler

Stephen Grant 500BPE
Joseph Harkom 450BPE

Posts: 625 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: 21 October 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
While hook sling swivels might be traditional...

I could never use them on any rifle, much less a mega thousand dollar double rifle... shocker

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Try Norman Clarke in Rugby, Warwickshire, England. He probably has some old stock original Parker Hale ones. You also see them on British eBay from time to time.

www.normanclarke.com

Posts: 6821 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: 18 November 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
the link is bad.....but I am interested too.

Posts: 3770 | Location: Boulder Colorado | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sorry, my apologies, clark, clarke etc., etc!

It should be www.normanclark.com with no "e".

Posts: 6821 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: 18 November 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks to all!! moodyholler@cox.net

Posts: 107 | Location: Blue Ridge, Va | Registered: 10 June 2005Reply With Quote