Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I am done here.........

Posts: 3701 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 27 May 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
I would not be afraid to simply file in the rear sight. With a small triangle file it is very simple to do and the amount of filing required is minimal. On the Brownells website is a calculator that you can use to calculate the amount of adjustment required to the rear sight. All you need is the sight radius from front to rear sight, the distance being used to sight the rifle and the distance you are seeking to move the point of impact. As you know, a little bit of file work will go a log way. Or just use a red dot sight on it . . . that's what I did with my .450 NE Sabatti. Big Grin

Mike

Posts: 21719 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Any mercury reducer that can move is bad news. It is less effective and can even influence accuracy in a double rifle.

Posts: 766 | Location: Corrales, New Mexico | Registered: 03 February 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MJines:
As you know, a little bit of file work will go a log way

Especially with a Sabatti!

Low hanging fruit that one was!

animal

One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
Todd's right, if you use a Dremel tool, be sure to use it on low. Eeker

Mike

One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
You people are the low hanging fruits; the OP seriously tried to post without getting slammed by the double rifle know it alls. People who have never owned a Sabatti. No reason to belittle owners with rifles that perform well; (and aren't idiots) I have owned three of them, and all shoot within 2 inches at 50 yards. Without issues whatsoever.
What is the reason for the childish comments? I don't get it. I can see why the OP quit.

Posts: 17286 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Grenadier
posted Hide Post
Well spoken. tu2
quote:
Originally posted by dpcd:
You people are the low hanging fruits; the OP seriously tried to post without getting slammed by the double rifle know it alls. People who have never owned a Sabatti. No reason to belittle owners with rifles that perform well; (and aren't idiots) I have owned three of them, and all shoot within 2 inches at 50 yards. Without issues whatsoever.
What is the reason for the childish comments? I don't get it. I can see why the OP quit.

Posts: 10900 | Location: North of the Columbia | Registered: 28 April 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
The childish behavior is being exhibited by the overreaction frankly. Todd's comment was in jest and mine was simply following on his. I have a Sabatti, I have defended Sabatti's, my Sabatti is probably the most accurate double I own, I tried to give some advice on adjusting the rear sight above. People seem to be walking around just waiting to be offended. Childish, I agree. Roll Eyes

Mike

One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
Good grief guys. Just a joke. Nothing more. Get over yourselves.